Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh 3110 paper misfeeding anyone?
    By DS Designs in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Plain Ice Scapers - not sublimation
    By John G in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 09:23 AM
  3. Plain T-Shirts
    By annoat25 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-05-2011, 10:00 PM
  4. Cheap plain T shirts
    By Bob700 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
  5. Plain coloured lanyards
    By Photo-Lite in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3110 plain paper or inkjet plain paper...

Not unhappy with my results so far but decided to get a custom profile from Paul to see if it makes a difference. Right from the start I have used the "plain" paper setting and not "inkjet plain paper". Just revisited the sawgrass site to see if there are any updates before printing the colour charts and realised they suggest using the inkjet plain paper for powerdriver. Printed a test chart on the new setting and there is a noticeable difference with everything looking darker so presume greater saturation.

I only moved to Powerdriver after having so many problems with the standard driver, mainly the inability to remember the settings linked to the last time I printed, russian roulette on orientation - what you see in the PS print dialogue is not necessarily how it ends up, inability to set a default set of preferences and a mysterious thick white line running throug the top half of a print. All this was cured by moving to Powerdriver.

I don't want to waste money by sending the profile sheets printed using plain if that is wrong so need some advice on this. Also is it better to use a custom profile on the regular driver or on Powerdriver ?.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Inkjet paper settings will give you better prints.
    In my case using custom icc cured problems with blues and reds. so icc for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We always use the media setting which gives the most ink that the paper can handle, in our case "Epson Enhanced Matte" ... on Epson printers the higher up the drop down list the more ink is sprayed.

For printing your test charts, you need to go back to using the standard Ricoh driver, and not the PowerDriver, and print using the Adobe Colour Printer Utility, not another programme.

In Windows at least if you go into your print driver settings from the control panel (i.e. not from within the settings for your graphics programme when going to print a document) and set all the settings that you want to be your default, and then OK/Confirm to get out of the settings, then this should be then set as your default - this is at least how Windows works with an Epson driver. Either way, it's a good idea to make a note of what settings you used to print the test charts, as they need to be whatever you use after you get the ICC back from Paul.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Printed on plain inkjet so will be interested in the results. Printer had the last laugh as it ran out of ink on page 2 of 3.... never had any of these driver issues with Epson or HP. However in its defence it is frugal and no blocked nozzles from the initial fill so worth the effort. I did consider binning it a few months ago and buying an epson but it gained a reprieve after moving to Powerdriver. Not relishing the prospect of having to manually select the correct setup each time for a run of 40 different tablemats etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but what is icc? Have a Ricoh printer SG 3110 and the blues / reds are well off