Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Opencart - Customer Image Upload
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-12-2014, 10:00 PM
  2. Opencart customer upload
    By harlequeen in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 04:40 PM
  3. Opencart - Customer Image Upload
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
  4. Prestashop....
    By Lee in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
  5. help with prestashop
    By Paul in forum Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-02-2011, 03:45 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Prestashop - Customer Upload options?

Anyone that's using Prestashop, what are the available option for customer image upload please? I've found a fee in the £30+ range but wondered if these were best option? Had a quick look for free modules in the forums but can't find anything.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin,
    For a simple solution use the Prestashop built-in option.

In the back-office go Catalogue -> product -> choose product -> customization tab.

Change "File fields" to 1. "Save & stay". A new field will appear. Enter a title for the entry field that the customer will see. If they must upload a file then check the "required" box. Then save.
    If you want the customer to leave you a message then add a text field in the same way.

When the customer sees the product there will be a section on the page where they can upload the file.

You will be able to download the file under their order details in the back office.

Karen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I thought there must be a built in option but had no idea where to look! Many thanks for that. I'm guessing this section can't be moved, a bit like OpenCart you don't see it unless you scroll. Also, you don't get this section on a Quick View I don't think? Thanks again.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you don't get this section on a Quick View I don't think?
    If you go modules -> modules -> theme configurator there's an option "Display quick view window on homepage and category page." I think that if this is "off" the quick view button is disabled ( I can't test it on my site). May not be the solution you want if only a few of your products are customized.

I'm guessing this section can't be moved, a bit like OpenCart you don't see it unless you scroll
    Yes & No. It can't be moved by using the back office.
    But it can be moved. Prestashop is quite flexible. Depends on how you want to run your site.
    If you have FTP access & can see the file structure, you'll see there is a folder called "themes". This contains the default theme library and any themes you've added. Each theme has a lot of customizable files. Those ending .tpl are the template files that generate the HTML for the site pages. The code for the customization section is found in product.tpl (about lines 560-660). Within reason it can be shifted higher on the page. You will also need to change the product.css file so that the .div fits where you want to put it.
    If you make changes this way, though, it's not so easy to update the site when prestashop issues an upgrade.