Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Starting up help
    By little bear in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 11:05 PM
  2. Starting out...
    By melridd in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 07:05 PM
  3. Starting up
    By delboy2028 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 05:32 PM
  4. just starting out
    By diptop in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  5. Just starting out
    By J1m in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just starting out

I am really keen to get started with a mug heat press.
    I think I, going to go with an epson printer and CISS. Can anyone clarify the sort if inks I need (dye pigment)? Can anyone recommend the best place to buy from? I've looked at monster doodles, bms, mega-uk, xpress and coralgraph.
    i hope to eventually buy a swing heat press too. Would you suggest going straight in for an A3 printer rather than A4.
    I've got a start up budget of around £600. If anyone could make some recommendations I'd be greatly appreciative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If I were starting out I'd be looking at the Ricoh, far less hassle than a CISS will inevitably give you ;-) A4 will suffice for mugs and will keep your initial costs down. There are a few budget presses around that seem to be getting good reviews, the Genie from Listawood for one. Xpres do the Adkins range which are superb but reflected in the price. Well worth joining our premium membership scheme at £10 for the year. This would immediately give you 10% off with both of these companies so will pay for itself immediately :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only recently started doing mugs too, I started with the Listawood package and have been happy with it although BMS and others all seem to provide a very similar start package, over time I would try different mugs (I like the BMS RN coated European mug as well as the Listawood Duraglaze coated. I can vouch for Kris at Listawood for giving me advice and time when starting. The Ricoh printer works very well and I use Corel Draw with the Sawgrass power driver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for your replies. Do bms offer discounts to premium members too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pateroo View Post
    Thank you both for your replies. Do bms offer discounts to premium members too?
    I don't think they do but they do offer a points system if you order online which can add up to future discounts. I found both companies helpfull when I have rung up in the past. To be fair every supplier I've spoken to has been good although some are more generous with samples than others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thankyou for info I was looking into buying from them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Listawood offer 10% off everything to Premium Members :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pateroo View Post
    I am really keen to get started with a mug heat press.
    I think I, going to go with an epson printer and CISS. Can anyone clarify the sort if inks I need (dye pigment)? Can anyone recommend the best place to buy from? I've looked at monster doodles, bms, mega-uk, xpress and coralgraph.
    i hope to eventually buy a swing heat press too. Would you suggest going straight in for an A3 printer rather than A4.
    I've got a start up budget of around £600. If anyone could make some recommendations I'd be greatly appreciative.
    Keep away from the Epson Ciss, i made that mistake, was like pulling teeth. As stated by Justin - Richo, My Richo printer plus sawgrass inks was £260 from subliblanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too vouch for kris, at listawood. no issue ever to big or small and always very friendly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vote for me for the Ricoh setup, I looked at the CISS systems but they all seemed too complicated for a beginner. I am still using the same Ricoh 3 years on and have had no problems with it.