Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Business Rates for Home Based Business?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-02-2015, 10:28 PM
  2. Advice on moving business forward
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 04:10 PM
  3. American cold war plan to nuke the moon
    By WorthDoingRight in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 02:44 PM
  4. Setting up Business Advice.
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
  5. Business advice open days
    By mrs maggot in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 10:15 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business plan advice

Hi guys, Im really hoping to get some insight for my business plan. Im asking here because I know you might not want to post such information on a public forum.

I plan on selling Via E-Commerce and my customers would be users of the products (not B2B), I have selected a few products to begin with so im not holding alot of stock and that I have an idea how to market, these include; Mugs!, photo slates, glass cutting boards and phone cases.

I have a website that Im slowly working on (low traffic) and I hope to use Etsy and Ebay as platforms to sell from.

My aim is to generate £1,000 in profit each month.

I have worked out my profit margins for the items based on ebay and etsy (sold items) and im looking at Ebay: between 10 - 30% and etsy 33- 62% (free postage)

So based on average profits from ebay and etsy I would need to shift around 200-540 Items a month!

If I worked 6 days per week that is 24 working days, so that is (rounding up) 9- 23 Items per day!

Now fine people of DSF is this realistic ?
    and do you have any advise for a newb

thanks for reading, happy new year!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm going to move your post into General Dye Sub Chit Chat section, as this is where all members (not just Premium) will be able to give you advice :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you build in breakages, returns, items not received, and ones you make upside down, back to front.

540 mugs on ebay a month, your hoping.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I worked 6 days per week that is 24 working days, so that is (rounding up) 9- 23 Items per day!
    The numbers are perfectly doable and you will have plenty of free time - selling that quantity will be where the magic is. Good luck and hope you succeed.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advise on wastage I had actually forgot to put that in!

I dont really want to be in a situation where I am relying on volume to make up my total as im not setup for it, plus its more work right!

Marketing will be the key I just hope for great conversion rates

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looking to start up myself, took a leap of faith quitting my job a few weeks ago. I was just curious how your year has gone Vynmaruis? Did you manage to sell the amount you expected? Il be focusing on ceramic tiles, glass and a few other out of the box ideas!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, welcome to the game! thats a big leap to quit but good on ya for sure, I havent put in the effort for sublimation much as I bought a roland printer cutter and focused abit on vinyl based items, i still do the sublimation but realised its better for me as a seasonal venture, mothers day Christmas etc, so its not the bread and butter, but it could be if you can generate those repeat orders, do you have something that sets you apart? its a saturated market out there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very saturated market with some ebay sellers almost selling below cost, working at their margins it only takes a few lost orders or breakages and they are out of pocket.

I think the real winners are sawgrass and our suppliers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still working full time and do not have the time to really push my products but I can say that in the past 2-3 mths I have had quite a few orders through Facebook. My wife is a member of quite a few local " Mothers/Schools/clubs" groups. She has seen people post that they are looking for something and if we can provide it she will send them a link to our Facebook page.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.