Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Lovecut products etc
    By christine71 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Lovecut!
    By Stitch Up in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-03-2011, 07:14 PM
  3. Are Lovecut still the same???
    By KAD in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-01-2011, 03:28 PM
  4. lovecut press
    By jennywren in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
  5. Lovecut - Any Feedback ?
    By accdave in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovecut

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lovecut

Quick update.....

Press went back on Friday, phoned on Monday to see if it had arrived told I would get a call back.......didn't get one. Called again today (Wednesday) to see if the press was back, left my details again and yes you guessed it no call!

I am still awaiting my refund.

I will keep you all posted. I cant stress enough, stay away from these cheap companies.

Peace!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,
    I have mixed experiences with dealing with lovecut. I started buying their mugs, very, very cheap - but not dish washer safe/proof as 1st advertised. I've used a fair few boxes of their mugs and they are fine, aslong as you tell the end customer that they are definately hand wash only. Alot of people aren't that bothered as they are used for jokes/gifts which will only be used once - I always offer better quality dishwasher proof/safe ones but most of the time, price dictates.

I then decided to buy a swing away heat press from Lovecut - got it for a good price. Press came a few days later and after using a crane to get it on the bench (bloody heavy) I found that the timer and temp gauges were hanging off and the handle was catching when operated. I Phoned lovecut, no joy getting through, so emailed with problems along with a request for a price on a spare heating rubber for the platen. I received a reply with a price for the rubber and a kurt "just push the gauges back in and it'll be fine". I wasn't too happy about this so asked for the press to be exchanged - they wanted me to send it back and pay for the courier which I wasn't prepared to do. In the end I took it apart, fixed in the gauges and moved the casing so the handle doesn't catch as much.

Would I buy another press from them - no I wouldn't, even though its working fine now and the results are far better than my old clam style press. You do get what you pay for with these heat presses - I wish i'd held off for a few months, saved a bit more money and bought a named one from a reputable dealer.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my refund today at long last!

So all in all a bad experience, next time I will buy from a decent reputable company,

Ok So Who can tell me the best large sized press on the market, willing to go to the £850 mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently looking for a new press aswell, and have been looking at adkins and stahl presses.

Can't make my mind up on which one to go for though :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If I was looking at buying new I'd check out Target Transfers presses. Came close to buying one of their new presses a while ago but was offered an Adkins for the right price so didn't pursue it. Most of their presses are clamshell but are far superior to many on the market. You can rent the manual release presses to give you a chance to test the quality.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovecut used to trade on eBay under the name Tek Press. Exactly the same trading address in Sheffield. They started to get quite a few negative feedbacks then disappeared from eBay. A few weeks later Lovecut started trading, albeit offering a revised range of products.

Whilst some things that originate from China are OK, the quality control and production can sometimes leave something to be desired. I had one cap press expire after just 20 minutes (not from Lovecut), which fortunately was rectified by replacing a voltage regulator and a couple of other components at a cost of £20. My Chinese made flat press (again not from Lovecut) worked faultlessly month in month out, even though the pressure adjustment would sometimes adjust itself as the press was repeatedly opened and closed. Being purchased at a quarter of the cost of a brand name press I found I could live with that ok though.

At the end of the day, it all about having realistic expectations for the price you pay. Don't expect an instruction manual that makes any sense, don't anticipate spare parts to be readily available and ignore any implied warranties from many suppliers, as they are simply not worth the paper they are written on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can afford the Adkins, then go for it, i've got the 50x38, had it for 4 years, only packed up once. Just be careful where you buy it from, i got mine from Xpres, great when they were selling it, when it went wrong after 12.5 months, that's right 2 weeks out of warranty, they couldn't give a monkeys, went direct to Adkins, they were unbelievable, lent me a press while mine was being repaired, then didn't charge me for the repair, great service.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found Xpres customer services very poor. They sent me a sample tee no problems, but advised the minimum order would be £50. I had follow up call two days later to say minimum order value would now be £100 and I'd need to open account. Instead I bought direct from Martin at Printerowners, online payment, any quanity I wanted and next day delivery.

Sometimes it is who you deal with as much as the product itself. In that context Lovecut appear to do themselves no favours at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day it not only boils down to quality & price but the quality of the customer service too. Let's face it if it wasn't for customers we wouldn't make any money would we. I always treat my customers how I would want to be treated & that is with respect & understanding all the time. Treat your customers right & they will always come back to you time & time again. :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but advised the minimum order would be £50. I had follow up call two days later to say minimum order value would now be £100 and I'd need to open account.
    The first order I place with Xpres had to be a minimum of £50, which wasn't a problem as I bought a load of things from them :D

Since then though, there is no minimum order and I've not been asked to open an account and haven't had any problems with them either, I usually end up speaking to the same person certainly when they call me back for payment details.

We even spoke about my holiday, a good few weeks after I'd come back, was surprised she remembered where I was going, but was a nice surprise, and makes for good CS in my book