Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. hardly used epsom 7600 printer
    By Ravisteam in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 03:57 PM
  2. epson 1500w ink
    By baracus in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 09:30 PM
  3. Epson 1500w
    By jlbn512 in forum Printers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26-04-2014, 01:29 PM
  4. Problems with Epsom S22 Printer
    By Ge-pix in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 05:19 PM
  5. Epsom 1400 Ink Replacement Issue
    By just4yougifts in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 08:40 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Epsom 1500w printer

Hi all,
    i have been searching the forum for a while and been very quiet and not posted.. so hi :-)

i have been looking at this printer
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Epson-...item1e789fc026

what my plan was is to buy this printer, and find some refillable ink cartridges and put sublimation ink in them.

would that be ok?

regards
    Mathew

P.s, the forum has a lot to offer and a lot of really useful information really helpful

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum,

I run 2 of these.

Most people will tell you that refillable cartridges are the way to go and they have a point if your only printing small amounts as cartridges are tiny for these machines. If your planning on doing lots of printing then stay away from cartridges, Pain in the neck though they handy as back up if things go pete tong.

Epsons need to be worked, They don't do to well sitting around being used once a week.

If you decide to use CISS System...
    (Tip) When using a Ciss system it's good practice to aggravate the ink in the tanks every now and then so a build up of ink does not settle and congeal (sp) at the bottom and cause feed issues. I recently discovered this when i had never ending priming issues, I flushed my tanks and lines and congeal ink came out, I chucked the whole lot out and started a fresh.

Also get yourself a waste ink tank,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi benn81 thank you for the response and detail you have given, it has given me great information and i will take your tip on board about the CISS system, very much appreciate your response
    regards
    Mathew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    1500 is a great printer, superb quality prints. CIS are a pain in the backside and more trouble than they're worth. Refil carts much easier but if you're printing regularly (which you'll need to) then topping up becomes annoying.

We can't discuss third party inks on here I'm afraid so can only suggest Sawgrass approved inks. You can get a CIS for that printer but costs wise you're far better off looking at then Ricohs. 1500 is a much better print than the Ricoh but they're more than adequate for day to day sublimation work.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    1500 is a great printer, superb quality prints. CIS are a pain in the backside and more trouble than they're worth. Refill carts much easier but if you're printing regularly (which you'll need to) then topping up becomes annoying.
    Justin is bang on, Cis 'can' be pain in the arse but a good system and a well maintained system you should be fine as I have found out, 'touch wood'. My main gripe with cartridges was when the inks ran out I filled the cartridges up and then the printer would 'prime' wasting new ink and reducing the amount i had in the cart, id be refilling constantly throughout the day.

Easy life would be the Ricoh as Justin has mentioned, it's more £ but may give you less headaches.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, thank you for the input, i will try the cartridges first the refill ones and see how i go, then i may try the cis system. fingers cross for luck
    regards
    Mathew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a CISS on my 1500w, and it woerks fine. I didn't even have to take the lid of the cartridge area, just did a slight modification to it, and it closes properly. That way don't invalidate the warranty.

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi James, thanks for the clarification to weather a CISS would be useful and runnable on the 1500w.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys ..Just a little question ...How about the head clogging on these printers 1500w and if they get clogged is it easy to clear it off ??..I used r300s and evrey 2-3 months I had to buy a new one as the head get clogged and cannot get back to normal condition ..But these 1500W are more expensive and if the head get blocked it would cost you £££ to replace the printer ...waiting for Your kind advice .....