Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. trade only national show
    By arthur.daley in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 07:33 PM
  2. Trade Only National Show Coventry 2013
    By philfoot in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 11:11 PM
  3. Trade Only Show 25th-26th January - anyone going?
    By AdamB in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 27-01-2012, 12:14 AM
  4. Trade Only Show
    By Ian M in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 01:41 PM
  5. Looking for trade show on west coast please advise
    By insanityranch in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-11-2010, 07:03 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade Only Show Coventry

Hi
    Just come across the Trade Only Show, which is on next week, anyone been to this? any good? I'm not sure if it's a show for me to find blank products for me to personalise or if it's for people to find other companies who can print products with their logo on etc?
    Thanks
    Lianne

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that one is more for finished products.

It's good to go to (free I think) to get ideas for what's going to be on sale in the shops this season.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest it's mostly providers of ready printed promotional items showing off their wares. If you make the mistake of giving them your business card they phone every five minutes asking if you want to order 5000 flip flops or novelty self adhesive penguins. If you register make up a name and pretend you are a copy shop because if they think you are a promotional supplier (i.e. you make a few yourself) they will email and cancel your entry ticket (this happened to me every time I registered). Then of course trade only will fill your inbox with links to the trade only magazine at so much a month and other such useless supererogatory items.
    I know some of the other members have been to the events. If you want loads of free stick-its and keyrings then go and fill your boots with them. But if you add up the petrol/train fare/parking/bus charges/snacks you could get a load of more useful stuff from your regular supplier.
    Now I'm off to play with my winalot stress ball.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi David, Thanks for replying, will probably give it a miss then. I'm going to Trophex, Printwear & Promotion and Sign & Digital so I guess I will be covering the best ones and will also be going to the Spring Fair too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having visited all of these I would advise the printwear and promotion, but take a suitcase on wheels for the samples and brochures!
    Trophex has lots of suppliers and some high end tooling and engraving companies. The laser machines are awesome and pricey. Best for those who want to extend their range above and beyond printed and decorated items. Aimed directly at engravers and trophy sellers. Does have some sublimation suppliers.
    Sign and digital is aimed at wide format and digital printing for commercial enterprises, it has fewer suppliers there than you would expect but it shows off new technology and gives you some great ideas. Usually canon, hp, epson, Fuji, and the like. The bodoni stand is always crowded as Ian gives great advice. There are also usually workshops from adobe and some web to print and commercial offset management suppliers. If you know what you're talking about you can usually make a supplier squirm when you ask a pertinent or awkward question.
    The spring fair is primarily aimed at trinket and gift shops. However there are picture frame accessory and tool suppliers such as lion and Arcadia. Also a lot of branded/licensed gifts as well as completely useless pieces of junk that you will regret ordering. The workshops range from picture framing tips to insurance and epos systems. It's nice for small businesses but is usually enormous and it wears you out eventually.
    I used to go to al of them but now stick to printwear and promotion as it has all I need and I can get the other stiff by trawling the net.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are new and depending on your plans for the business I would say go to a varied selection of tradeshows and as many as you can realistically fit in. I have been to all sorts of shows such as Trade Only etc and every show I come away with either new customers to target, new suppliers or product ideas. Going to a variety of shows can point you in a different direction for your business that you might not have thought of. You never know where you might get inspiration from so if a show is convenient to go to give it a try. Trade Only for instance...... if you have a customer who asks you for 100 printed thingeemujigs you can probably find someone to do it there.

I have neglected the shows this last couple of years so will be doing as many as possible this year. Even changing my car to one with decent fuel economy. Lots of running around but should pay back a lot more than what I put in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This show has come around again, http://www.customerfocus.com/en/ppe-info-home

Wondered if anyone did go last year and what they thought of it, was it useful in any way, give you useful ideas or making contacts of any use and whether anyone else is planning a trip there this year?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I never went in the end as it's more for companies looking to buy products with their logo on etc. I went to all the others and found P & P to be the best. Trophex is small so you can spend more time chatting to suppliers which at the P & P show were too busy i.e The magic touch and is more for engravers and trophy companies. Sign and Digital is better for big businesses looking to invest in some expensive equipment but worth a look if you've never been and are not sure what equipment is available. P & P is better for blank clothing, other blank products and sublimation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lianne, we did sign and digital last year and that was good viewing but think P&P will be more up our street so We're going there this year on the Monday, hopefully bumping into forum members going on the same day.

Mark