Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tips on mug printing
    By TailoreChocs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. Any tips on how to do coasters?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-09-2014, 11:17 PM
  3. Posting Tips.
    By Mossy88 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26-10-2012, 04:32 PM
  4. Coreldraw Tips
    By Rob86 in forum Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-06-2010, 11:48 PM
  5. hits and tips
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    The paper on that mug doesn’t look straight to me anyway.
    I have a black border around my prints 9.2cm x 22cm and print.
    Then use a sliding cutter to cut just inside the border making sure not to leave any behind as this will leave a black line on the mug.
    Not only does this ensure my prints are straight but my paper too.
    it is really straight, i printed a black rectangle in the middle of an a4 paper and cutted it with an exacto knife, it must be straight. I just used normal thin copy paper to test. The 22cm x 9cm are pretty close to the top and bottom and he handle as well. Print equipment recommends a much smaller rectangle. I havent thoufht about the taper thing at all. I thought that only matters with tapered mugs. Is the mug really that bad? They are duraglaze 11 oz mugs with black logo on the bottom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try a different mug supplier, I couldn't get paper to run straight on certain mugs, so much so that a logo on one side looked spot on but the other side was way off, proving the mugs must taper slightly. I ditched that supplier and went back to using xpres mugs - I haven't had a problem since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    Try a different mug supplier, I couldn't get paper to run straight on certain mugs, so much so that a logo on one side looked spot on but the other side was way off, proving the mugs must taper slightly. I ditched that supplier and went back to using xpres mugs - I haven't had a problem since.
    I used Duraglaze AAA mugs, those are the first sublimation mugs i had in my hands because i am new to this, i can not tell if they are tapered but to me they look not perfect. They have certain imperfections, especially on the top and bottom there are groves and little "dents" or what we call in germany "snotty noses" literally translated, when you can see paint dripping. However this can be perfectly normal even with those AAA grade mugs, i have no idea. Yes i was interested in the Xpres mugs but they are in the UK and i am not sure they send to non tradespeople like me. I also heard that the Xpres ones are not as durable and they are 10oz as far as i know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Place 2 mugs on a flat surface an push them together. You will be able to see light through any gaps where the mugs aren't touching. You need smooth, parallel-sided mugs for best printing results with no tapers, dents, barreling, pincushioning etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Place 2 mugs on a flat surface an push them together. You will be able to see light through any gaps where the mugs aren't touching. You need smooth, parallel-sided mugs for best printing results with no tapers, dents, barreling, pincushioning etc.
    Can you look on the picture if my mugs are within the tolerances? What i noticed is that one mug is larger. A much bigger problem i have now is that i can not use the mug press anymore, it produced chemical gases even when a blank mug is in it.

The whole house smells like it and still feel it on my skin and when i breath. Its like my teeth and throat is coated with something. I contacted signzworld because of that and they recommend to tr it with lower temperatures of 160C but honestly, this press starts to smell even at 70C. I hope i didnt ruined my health with that. Who knows what chemicals they use in china. I told them to contact the manufacturer, maybe they can switch the heating element. I also dont know why the press stops heating about 3 degree Celsius before the temperature you set is reached for about 15 seconds, its like it make a pause and the heating symbol is blinking.

In total the press needed 257 seconds if you start the timer at 180C for 70 seconds like it is recommended for other presses.
    IMG_3433(1).jpgIMG_3434.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of presses smell.
    both my mug presses and swing press smells like fish and stinks the whole place put.
    It’s just the rubber in the heating element nothing to worry about but open a window when you press ;)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

Daninho (21-02-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    A lot of presses smell.
    both my mug presses and swing press smells like fish and stinks the whole place put.
    It’s just the rubber in the heating element nothing to worry about but open a window when you press ;)
    thank you for that feedback but did you have problems to breath and your throat was hurting and such symptoms? I removed the heating element and put it outside. My Stahls heat press is perfect in that regard.

What do you think about the duraglaze mugs i bought, are they within the tolerances ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never had issues breathing though.

I don’t use those mugs I use the orca 10oz from mdp now as I had to many inconsistencies with other mugs.

Some mugs I had form signzworld would have tiny holes inside the mug and very sharp bits on handles and the base.
    I had a issues also with size where some would fit the press fine, and then some would need the press to be loosened quite a bit to allow the press to close.

Don’t get me wrong I still get issues with the mugs from mdp but very rarely.
    in a box of 36 mugs I may get one mug with what I would call a fault.
    my signzworld mugs would be 3 in a box of 36. Sometimes more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is why I've given up on printing mugs altogether. There are just too many ways to spoil the process, from dubious quality of mugs (even from what used to be reputable suppliers) to multiple ways in which the print could be spoiled. Printing 3 mugs to get one good one is disheartening to say the least and wipes out the already tiny profit to be made selling mugs. The tiniest speck in the wrong place can absolutely ruin a print (to my standards anyway).

To be honest, I haven't sublimated ANYTHING for weeks now and prefer to concentrate on items made with my contour cutter which sell well, command a decent profit, and produce very little (read 'no') scrap.

I only sublimate now if I'm experimenting with a new idea or for family and friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    This is why I've given up on printing mugs altogether. There are just too many ways to spoil the process, from dubious quality of mugs (even from what used to be reputable suppliers) to multiple ways in which the print could be spoiled. Printing 3 mugs to get one good one is disheartening to say the least and wipes out the already tiny profit to be made selling mugs. The tiniest speck in the wrong place can absolutely ruin a print (to my standards anyway).

To be honest, I haven't sublimated ANYTHING for weeks now and prefer to concentrate on items made with my contour cutter which sell well, command a decent profit, and produce very little (read 'no') scrap.

I only sublimate now if I'm experimenting with a new idea or for family and friends.
    Thats what i thought, i bought the heat press, cutting machine, sublimation printer and mug press only because it is nice to have and its fun to use. I can imagine that the market for selling such items is very hard because you see those printed mugs, t-shirts, vinyl stickers etc.. everywhere on ebay and amazon. Its like flooded with those things and then there is the problem that the best pictures, Logos etc.. are always from famous companies which i guess you cant offer to customers because of copyrights. For exmaple my 4 year old nephew want a roadrunner t-shirts because i have showed him roadrunner on youtube. I guess that would hardly be possible when a customer want a roadrunner shirt :) The interesting things have always copyright issues.