Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ST3042 3D sub machine. Tripping the electrics.
    By Iron in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Sublimation ST3042

Hello guys, I imported a ST3042 from Bestsub lately but has been pretty unfortunate. Bestsub's rep has been corresponding with me to solve the issue but I was thinking if you guys have any similar experience that could aid me.

Basically the machine trips my circuit breaker on random opening and closing of the lid. I have tried the machine in an industrial area but the tripping still occurs, ruling out the possibility of hitting maximum load in my house. I have been unscrewing the machine and fiddling to see if any of the wires are loose, but am still unsure. Youtube videos helped in my dismantling.

Do any of you face such problems? One of the many problems plaguing my first foray into dye sub...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0rcist View Post
    Hello guys, I imported a ST3042 from Bestsub lately but has been pretty unfortunate. Bestsub's rep has been corresponding with me to solve the issue but I was thinking if you guys have any similar experience that could aid me.

Basically the machine trips my circuit breaker on random opening and closing of the lid. I have tried the machine in an industrial area but the tripping still occurs, ruling out the possibility of hitting maximum load in my house. I have been unscrewing the machine and fiddling to see if any of the wires are loose, but am still unsure. Youtube videos helped in my dismantling.

Do any of you face such problems? One of the many problems plaguing my first foray into dye sub...
    One place to look is where the cables come from the mainboard to the top plate. The cables are in a silver metal sleeve which can have a sharp edge to it which can lead to a cable shorting out when the lid is raised. This is a likely problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    One place to look is where the cables come from the mainboard to the top plate. The cables are in a silver metal sleeve which can have a sharp edge to it which can lead to a cable shorting out when the lid is raised. This is a likely problem.
    I checked the metal sleeve with your advice and found a small tear in the bundled wire sleeve. Couldn't see any exposed wires though. Is it normal that the metal sleeve gets scraped whenever you raise and lower the lid? That resulted in some small metal shavings on my vacuum pump. The lid just doesn't seem to have a snug fit, it is able to shift slightly left and right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For something like that I'd be pushing for replacement if there's no obvious fix. I have this machine and have never had any such issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0rcist View Post
    I checked the metal sleeve with your advice and found a small tear in the bundled wire sleeve. Couldn't see any exposed wires though. Is it normal that the metal sleeve gets scraped whenever you raise and lower the lid? That resulted in some small metal shavings on my vacuum pump. The lid just doesn't seem to have a snug fit, it is able to shift slightly left and right.
    The lid shifting left and right is normal.

I still suspect that a wire is exposed and as the lid lifts then it makes contact and shorts out the electrics. It must be somewhere through the travel of the lid lifting. The only other place I have seen a problem is inside the lid where the thin wires get too hot and melt the outer coating resulting in a bare wire being exposed and shorting out but this usually results in the mainboard going as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucase Ltd View Post
    For something like that I'd be pushing for replacement if there's no obvious fix. I have this machine and have never had any such issues.
    I have always thought ordering from China is a hit & miss. I hope they do honour they warranty system...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    The lid shifting left and right is normal.

I still suspect that a wire is exposed and as the lid lifts then it makes contact and shorts out the electrics. It must be somewhere through the travel of the lid lifting. The only other place I have seen a problem is inside the lid where the thin wires get too hot and melt the outer coating resulting in a bare wire being exposed and shorting out but this usually results in the mainboard going as well.
    After I opened the machine and fitted it back, the sublimation was able to work nicely for once without shorting. I powered it off while it was still hot, lifted the lid (could see the condensation) and it shorted again. Pretty surprised that the shorting even though the plug was off.

The wires on the top heater seems fine, nothing exposed on checks. But I have yet to touch the motherboard. sigh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More bad news, the technicians at the factory figured the problem out through my video and sent me a fresh cable. (I had to pay for shipping)
    However after installing the new cable, my machine is still tripping my power circuit.

I am asking for full refund. What do you guys think are the chances? I just realised I am not eligible for Paypal's Buyer Protection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had it for more than 180 days then?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    Have you had it for more than 180 days then?
    Nope, around 45days. But I transferred the money as a cash transfer instead of a Paypal Checkout button (which they do not have). Also, I think the type of machines don't qualify for buyers' protection (read that last night).

If you guys are aware of the procedure for paypal refunds, please let me know.