Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Selling on Amazon ?
    By NikGrey in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 05:57 PM
  2. Another ebay rant
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  3. Grrrrrrrr
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 04:07 PM
  4. Rant and request
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sell mugs both FBA and FBM

Both a financially worth doing but I get better profits from FBM.

Sales of FBM are much, much better than FBA so I don't think visibility is an issue. It's more a case that there are a few Prime members who filter out FBM items but at this time of year this is minimal impact on sales.

Of course, at the moment Amazon are not paying their sellers due to technical issues. It's now into the 2nd week and Amazon can give no indication when they will start paying sellers.

So it's your choice of making no money on FBA or making no money on FBM :)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Customprintwales For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (06-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post

So it's your choice of making no money on FBA or making no money on FBM :)
    I like those options!!!!

OK, well good to know it isn't worse on FBM for visibility..

Do you ever consider Etsy or Ebay or Folksy - given the mess Amazon is making of things?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your product and its price point, Amazon will out perform Etsy in sales numbers by a mile. I have a single product which sells around 40-50 units a day ( its a xmas related product so sales have no where peaked yet) on ebay 7-10 units per day, Etsy not sold one yet, higher price point but still good value for money.

All online market places have their pros and cons, you just have to mould your business so that it fits what those marketplaces want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (06-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredibly helpful. One other question for you, Froggy, if you don't mind?

Did you find it took time to get traffic on Amazon when you FIRST started - or was it just a case of whether people liked the product or not?

I'm not on Amazon yet, but I was thinking of the so-called Google sandbox - where Google makes it very hard to rank highly in their search results for the first six months.

Is it like that on Amazon - or is it a level playing field right from the start?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I hate Amazon (as a seller) LOVE it as a buyer haha The fees are too high & too complicated., they make it difficult than it needs to be to list items, they also watch how your products sell...VERY closely, and then if they do well, the produce and sell Very similar products to your great sellers, or exactly the same, for less than you! therefore, taking your business.

I don't know how some sellers managed to sell their products for the price they do, and still make a profit.

A colleague of mine does actually use fulfilment, and he says it does take out a HUGE load of work for you. They take care of the packaging and the shipping, pick and pack for you, and also, you tend to get more sales, as shoppers can then choose many products from different suppliers, including yourself, and pay only the one postage, or no postage of they are on prime. So, a seller may buy a product from company A, also a product from you, place it into their basket, and get both products with minimal or no postage. Whereas, if Amazon didn't do fulfilment, they would have to pay for your postage also...so, can work out very well
    Last edited by TerryQ; 07-11-2017 at 12:48 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryQ For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (07-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQ View Post
    Personally, I hate Amazon (as a seller) LOCE it as a buyer haha they also watch how your products sell...VERY closely, and then if they do well, the produce and sell Very similar products to your great sellers, or exactly the same, for less than you! therefore, taking your business.
    There is a mug printer in Ireland who has been stealing my artwork repeatedly to print on mugs. This time the listing stated despatched and sold by Amazon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (07-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    There is a mug printer in Ireland who has been stealing my artwork repeatedly to print on mugs. This time the listing stated despatched and sold by Amazon!
    Yup.... If Amazon see you are doing well, they produce the items themselves and always undercut you... Crafty, devious and unscrupolus!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryQ For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (07-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, what you're saying is terrifying. If Amazon actually create similar/duplicate products of best sellers to undercut us, that's morally reprehensible.

Is it even legal? We're business partnering with them, in a way... (I say "we" - I'm not on there yet!!)

I am pretty worried about having my designs stolen - but by other sellers, not Amazon...

It's not arrogance -it's more that I've looked online at my competition, and I notice that there are often many slightly different versions of the same mug. (Same exact wording, slightly different image.)

So, I know it happens - but for Amazon to do it is shocking.

Is there anything at all we can do about this? Aren't you guys extremely worried? How on earth do you survive if Amazon/other people are stealing your designs - and selling them for less?

Would a copyright sign on the mugs help?

I am using an animal in my designs that is trademarked as my logo - but, obviously, the animal is doing different things in each mug so it isn't my actual trademark, but it's the trademarked animal with different expressions and positions.

If someone draws something similar, am I protected because of the trademark?
    I don't know - it's frustrating because the official line, is that people must not don't steal other people's work, but the unofficial line is that no one will do anything about it.

If a burglar breaks into my house and steals from me, it's theft and a criminal offence.

Not sure how this is different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedgewick View Post
    Guys, what you're saying is terrifying. If Amazon actually create similar/duplicate products of best sellers to undercut us, that's morally reprehensible.

Is it even legal? We're business partnering with them, in a way... (I say "we" - I'm not on there yet!!)

I am pretty worried about having my designs stolen - but by other sellers, not Amazon...

It's not arrogance -it's more that I've looked online at my competition, and I notice that there are often many slightly different versions of the same mug. (Same exact wording, slightly different image.)

So, I know it happens - but for Amazon to do it is shocking.

Is there anything at all we can do about this? Aren't you guys extremely worried? How on earth do you survive if Amazon/other people are stealing your designs - and selling them for less?

Would a copyright sign on the mugs help?

I am using an animal in my designs that is trademarked as my logo - but, obviously, the animal is doing different things in each mug so it isn't my actual trademark, but it's the trademarked animal with different expressions and positions.

If someone draws something similar, am I protected because of the trademark?
    I don't know - it's frustrating because the official line, is that people must not don't steal other people's work, but the unofficial line is that no one will do anything about it.

If a burglar breaks into my house and steals from me, it's theft and a criminal offence.

Not sure how this is different.
    it absolutely is reprehensible

i ceased trading with amazon because of their tactics. I was warned about it by others, but thought got it was here say. However, after experiencing it first hand - I know it’s true!!

Amazon seem to be untouchable because of their power, budget and size. I think amazon is ok for a short time, but in the long run, there is o lynone winnwr- and it’s them.

However, I’m sure lots of other people have differing views to
    me - and I wish them
    all the best.

Personally - I choose not to do business with them - going it alone, and occasionally on other selling platforms.

Never a a dull moment eh?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryQ For This Useful Post:

Sedgewick (07-11-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amazon discounts other sellers' products as retail competition stiffens.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-am...source=twitter