Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printing on the Bottom of Sub Mugs.
    By NikGrey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM
  2. Blurred printing on mugs.
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2013, 12:25 AM
  3. Double printing mugs
    By Seamus in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-11-2012, 10:33 AM
  4. BMS - Sparta mugs printing
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 09:55 PM
  5. Additional Printing on Mugs
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Thread: printing Mugs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printing Mugs

Hi there

Hope you dont mind a few more questins!!

1. What do you find to be the easiest mug to print? I'm looking at the European or 11oz mugs? There only seems to be a few mm difference in height?

2. Also, what is the diff between RN cotaed and Non RN

3. Paul provided some templates under this section - I notice one is 'non RN' - what is the difference?

4. Looking at the size - on an A4 printer - it looks like I can only get 2 prints per page - landscape giving me a bit more width - therefore what size do yuou print the images for the above cups?

Many thanks!

Lee
    :?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: printing Mugs

Hi Lee,

1. What do you find to be the easiest mug to print? I'm looking at the European or 11oz mugs? There only seems to be a few mm difference in height? The European mug is the standard style for subli printing and comes under various other names such as the Cambridge and Wycombe. 10oz and 11oz versions can be found in these styles and all of these mugs can varying a small amount in size depending on the source. The key is getting a very straight sided mug so the surface has a uniformed amount of heat applied to it meaning no low spots etc.

2. Also, what is the diff between RN cotaed and Non RN RN is a brand name of the coating which can be applied to mugs. It is widely accepted as the best coating but this is largely as it is the original Dishwasher Proof coating and named after the inventor Rich Neely. There are several coatings (Rhino/Orca/Duraglaze- all good) about these days with varying qualities of durability. Cheap mugs usually mean cheap coating which inevitably means unhappy customers in the long term. If you buy cheap then advertise as non-dishwasher safe.

3. Paul provided some templates under this section - I notice one is 'non RN' - what is the difference? As above- probably not dishwasher safe

4. Looking at the size - on an A4 printer - it looks like I can only get 2 prints per page - landscape giving me a bit more width - therefore what size do yuou print the images for the above cups?
    Some put 2 designs per page and some 3. This depends on print size required. Usually if using a heat press then most get to about 200mm width and with a print 90mm high then you can get on 3. If you go for a 225mm wdth then it is 2.