Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. SawGrass Virtuoso 800
    By KathG in forum Printers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 01:38 AM
  2. Sawgrass ICC versus Sawgrass Powerdrive
    By Marcelle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 09:50 AM
  3. A Big thank you to BMS & Sawgrass
    By TjCanvas in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 08:41 PM
  4. big up to BMS and sawgrass
    By Lornem in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM
  5. D88 AND SAWGRASS
    By AJLA in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SawGrass Virtuoso

Hi everyone
    Does anyone have any news on the new printers by Ricoh and Sawgrass the SawGrass Virtuoso.
    I read somewhere that The Magic Touch are going to be stocking these.
    There are some videos on YouTube from Conde. I'm just wondering when they might be coming to the UK and what the suggested prices may be.
    I have just bought one of the Ricoh printer, mug press starter packages from Listawoods and am second guessing myself, think I should have bought the A3 Ricoh.
    Though now if there is a new model coming I think I will wait till then before going for an A3

KathG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi KathG
    Yup the Magic Touch had them on display at the Printwear and promotion show Last month. I think you could put an order in for one but had to wait until available I had a look at it and to me its just a rebadged Ricoh although I think someone said it might have a better ink capacity but no doubt some one in the know will be a long and let you know for sure If you phone the Magic Touch they should be able to give you a price and availability. with regards a new model not sure but to me the one on display from Sawgrass just looked like the current Ricoh.

Sammy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi BMS and Sammy, thank you for your replys. I have watched the videos that Conde have done and yes it does look exactly like the current Ricoh.
    Though from what they are saying they have improved the ink, and the duplex part of the printer is not there as it won't be needed. One thing they said is that the SG 400 can print up to 21" long as I guess the SG800 will also be able to do. You would need the By pass tray to do this.
    I would hope that even though they look identical to the older model under the hood there will be improvements. Plus it seems sensible to me to wait and get the newer model, though I'm sure there will be some good deals on the SG7100.

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathG View Post
    Hi BMS and Sammy, thank you for your replys. I have watched the videos that Conde have done and yes it does look exactly like the current Ricoh.
    Though from what they are saying they have improved the ink, and the duplex part of the printer is not there as it won't be needed. One thing they said is that the SG 400 can print up to 21" long as I guess the SG800 will also be able to do. You would need the By pass tray to do this.
    I would hope that even though they look identical to the older model under the hood there will be improvements. Plus it seems sensible to me to wait and get the newer model, though I'm sure there will be some good deals on the SG7100.

Kath
    I have a Ricoh and firstly I am very impressed with the quality of the photos and general print quality and if the new printer is better it can't be by much and certainly I can't imaging any customer is going to notice the difference on a mug or tshirt. Secondly the inks seem to go on forever, with the volume I print and as a starter it is more than adequate. If you are printing mugs by the hundred each day then a larger format printer should be the choice anyway. Thirdly speed, the Ricoh is already quick, so in all I suspect the new printer may be finely tuned to be overall SLIGHTLY better but I suspect the difference will be hardly noticeable. I certainly won't be swapping unless either my current printer dies or Sawgrass say the shelf life of the new inks is hugely increased and I suspect that is not going to happen:)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathG View Post

Kath
    As said in our previous post, these price wise are at similar points, ink capacity is the same
    42ml black, 29ml colour and same price as the SG3110 cartridges.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does this mean that in the not so distant future they will be discontinuing the sub-r cartridges ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viccar View Post
    does this mean that in the not so distant future they will be discontinuing the sub-r cartridges ?
    No, these will be available for quite some time. We've got hundreds of customers using these carts so no way they're going to stop them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is.... Is the A4 Virtusos worth the extra £50+
    Last edited by scotty44; 21-03-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see BMS and Listawood now have the SG Virtuoso listed.
    Umm could be interested in the A3, though not in a rush

KathG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still needs powerdriver to suppliment its ricoh driver, how many printers designed for a dedicated purpose need to have their drivers supplementing straight out the box? Untill proved otherwise these are just SG3110n with a sawgrass badge stuck on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.