Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. pay pay email beware
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 03:25 PM
  2. Beware scam email orders
    By Reg in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-12-2011, 09:46 PM
  3. new telephone scam beware
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-08-2011, 12:25 PM
  4. ebay .....
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware of ebay and gumtree

yet again we have seen an increase in printer frauds, as the amount they are worth 2nd hand falls into the scammers remit, so a few points to remember:

• the member has low feedback, has been a member for a while, but no recent items sold - ie they have hacked into a dormant account

• the item can be "posted only" as the owner is too busy with work to show you round a 5k machine !

• they offer to send you an ebay invoice (particular favourite on gumtree) these are not genuine, and the bank they ask you to pay into, is nothing to do with ebay.

• they tell you the location of the item has changed, as they have recently had to move, often to Scotland or rural Wales

Buyer beware

and no i have not been scammed, but was asked recently by an online fraud detection company to look at several adverts as they knew i was in this line of business. Large embroidery machines are also a target
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rotary Heat Presses too

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. One of the dead giveaways on the easy to spot scams is just one picture then another picture which is just text stating that you should email someone@gmail.com to discuss their low buy it now price which they aren't advertising.

This is also incredibly common in cars, some one claims to have the item, but they have moved to Hamburg (or wherever) on work but the car is somewhere inaccessible. Unfortunately one scam I looked at said that the item was in Newcastle but when I asked about viewing it, they said... oh its been moved to Campbeltown in Scotland. I said even better, I can be there in an hour. They went...errr... I meant Truro in Cornwall. I then said oh that is really unfortunate but I have a friend who lives in Falmouth and he can come and have a look at it in a few hours if you want. Never heard from again. Auction withdrawn but then reposted next day with a location of Kings Lynn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife had her ebay account hacked yesterday. The first thing she knew about it was when a bid was made on a 2009 Audi she was 'selling'. The listing stated it was being sold for a friend and to be contacted on a gmail account!

We deleted the item, changed passwords in ebay, Paypal and email!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are buying anything of value, copy and paste the description into google where you will likely see the original item being sold months ago. See this a lot with classic VWs being sold at too good to be true prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information, i'm just in the process of looking into buying some equipment and rapidly coming to the conclusion that I should buy new and off reputable traders.