Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublideck Reviews
    By Hbosmom in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2015, 11:13 PM
  2. Mini 3D Vacum or sublideck type machine from China.
    By marinot in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 11:17 PM
  3. Sublideck 1 Anybody using?
    By JMugs in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-04-2013, 11:51 PM
  4. Octi Tech release New 3D Sublideck
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-01-2010, 03:34 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any one using a Sublideck?

Any one? At all? Anywhere?.....

Interested but want to know more.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen one and touched one but blowed if I'd pay that much for one, and all that space it takes up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean Arfermo.
    Ignoring price after all I know what they advertised for.... I need to know about how they perform. If the performance,reliability and quality is consistent then that matters to me. Dead time and duff cases are not something my limited ability to "keep control of teddies in the pram" can handle well.

Somebody ....... somewhere?

I wonder if they really ever sold any that are used and worked hard.

The only supplier I know who does vast volumes of 3d phone cases will not give anything away about anything....at all. Fair enough as it's their business.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was one on ebay a while back for 2K and no one bid......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arfermo.....yes which is why I am a bit (did I say "a bit") suspicious. They do pop up in various places and draw no interest.
    On the flip side the cheap ones sell loads, and how many threads are there on here regarding reliability, quality, consistency etc....answer loads!

I am in no rush.... I have an idea in the back burner.. and it can stay there until we are in a situation where I don't get done for "Teddy Abuse".

BUT have they sold loads of the sublidecks to the big outfits and they are just sat there churning out case after case? Who knows.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly bought one of these when I started but glad I didn't.

The real problem I have with this and all the other similar machines (like IDT etc) was that you're generally tied to using they're consumables which would have priced me out the market.

Also I could be wrong but I think you're far more limited as to what you can actually print so if you want to test other products you can't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ucase
    That is / was another consideration although both have confirmed in the past that they can make jigs for anything you want, so long as it fits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the forums the odd time but never registered. We have a few of these machines in our production. They are expensive but in all honesty you get what you pay for. There is no cheap way to have convenience, quality and consistency on the cheap. In relation to consumables you are not tied to their consumables, you can use any you want but they wont cover technical help if the cases is what's causing the problem. However, I will say the quality of their consumables is outstanding - again you get what you pay for and these are not at the low end of the market. We have tried countless cheaper cases, they print ok but they are flimsy and every time we boxed them up and sent them back to the suppliers, unfortunately we cannot have our brand represented by cheap cases over saving less than £1.

They are a big investment and certainly not a machine for the odd one off in a retail environment, they are aimed at the mass, e-commerce, one off transactions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks rprint.
    You comments are the lines that I was thinking along.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of the IDT machines and just ordered a second. It took me forever to get the process down right but once I did I rarely have a bad case (that isn't my fault).

I decided to buy one of the china machines just in hopes it would work (I can buy it in the USA instead of importing from the UK so the china machine literally cost me only what shipping and import duties are on the IDT machine).

At this point, was wasted money as I cannot get anything even remotely sellable out of the st-whatever machine. I was willing to take a chance but for now have given up on it and ordered a second idt machine.

The quality of the cases and print is just spectacular. I just hate the price of importing the machine and cases but it is what it is. For anyone who's not ready to spend the multiple 1000s necessary, they do have a fullfillment service where you can upload your design and they drop ship to your customer. Very reasonable.