Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. SawGrass Virtuoso
    By KathG in forum Printers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 08:27 AM
  2. Sawgrass ICC versus Sawgrass Powerdrive
    By Marcelle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 09:50 AM
  3. A Big thank you to BMS & Sawgrass
    By TjCanvas in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 08:41 PM
  4. big up to BMS and sawgrass
    By Lornem in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM
  5. D88 AND SAWGRASS
    By AJLA in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SawGrass Virtuoso 800

Just received my SawGrass Virtuoso 800 on Tuesday. Good price from Listawoods with the discount from the Premium membership.

Have not had much time to try it out except for a couple of Tees yesterday. First opinion it seems noisier than my Ricoh 3100.
    i like having the A3 size.
    Here is a couple of photos
    Oops will have to edit this post as I'm on my iPad ...LOL...photos are on my Mac.
    The green t-shirt is a Vapor 100% poly and the white is a poly cotton mix 65%/35%. The white is from Elm and Elms that came in a sample pack i ordered, its very thin.

Now if anyone has any tips on TTC3.1. having a problem getting a clean peel.

Kath
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KathG; 29-04-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful prints Kath!

Regarding the TTC, I've had one or two where the paper sort of splits and gets left behind on the garment. It's easy enough to sort out if that's the problem you are having? Just hold the bit that is stuck up to the hot plate of the press with your fingers underneath just to warm it a little bit and then peel the excess, it might take a couple of goes to get it all off. I think it might be down to it getting too cool to split so I tend peel TTC whilst it is quite hot.

Cheers!
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nigel, my problem has been not getting a clean peel.I think it might be a pressure problem. There seems a fine line between temperature time and pressure. Will keep practicing, just a little expensive .��

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean Kath, it's cost me a fortune getting things just right. With TTC I tend to use quite a heavy pressure at 180 degrees c for 13 seconds as per the instructions but I peel the backing off on the bed of the press virtually straight away. Usually give the garment a gentle tug near a corner so that I can get a fingernail under the paper fairly sharpish and away with it in one smooth peel. I then place a piece of release paper over the image and just give it a quick second and no more with the press and garment finished. I've just used TTC on a pink t-shirt as a sample for a charity that usually has vinyl shirts by the bucket load. Once I told them that you could actually iron the transfer they were sold, no more cutting and weeding vinyl, apart from contour cutting the TTC they will take a fraction of the time to do. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nigel, I do think my pressure has been the problem. I also think I caused some problems myself by upping the time. Soon realised that was not going to help. Will try your settings and see how I get on.

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kath,
    how you doing with the Virtuoso 800? and did you get to grips with the TTC? I'm thinking of getting the 800. Also, which paper are you using for the t-shirts?

Ta
    Nigel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nigel
    Yes I'm liking the Virtuoso 800. I think the main thing is having the A3. Not sure yet how much improvement they have made with the new Subli HD ink, as i thought the colours where good with my Ricoh 3100.
    SawGrass now have the online software Creative Studio which is right now only available to Virtuoso owners. It is quite basic but can see it being an easy option for people just getting into sublimation.
    With ref to the TTC paper i have not had chance to use it this last week
    Here is a couple of photos of tees I did yesterday. not great shots as the light was bad.

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really my type of designs, but a friend of my son wanted this design which was drawn on a skateboard ramp by his friend putting on some T-Shirts. I played a bit in Photoshop until we found something he was happy with.
    Delivered them today and glad to say he liked them.

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nigel forgot to add what sublimation paper. I have only tried Trupix, though I'm going to give TextPrint R ago.

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shirts are wonderful Kath!

I'm thinking of putting a order in for the printer this week. Where do you get the paper from?

Cheers!
    Nigel.