Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What Sublimation Paper ... ?
    By nelly in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 10:06 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 06:11 PM
  3. Producing Mugs choice between Sublimation or Digital colour laser
    By Hillman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 11:26 PM
  4. New revenue stream for everyone.....!
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
  5. "Changing image in mid-stream"
    By Greybeard in forum Software
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info and advice @JetStreamDigital and @arthur.daley. Fortunately we do have a small litho company in the town who offers a guillotining service so i'll be paying them a visit.

The 100mm x 240mm size I chose was based on the precut TexPrint-R paper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tried a couple of boxes of the A4 paper. I'm profiled for TruPix paper so used the same setting for the F-35 paper. I'm assuming that thinner paper allows better ink release or is there something more technical going on? But I'm finding it much easier to print mugs with this paper. Dark full wrap colours would require extra time in the press when using TruPix, but this is printing nice and even without the extra 30 seconds or so required for TruPix. The F-35 paper travels through the printer well.

Main criticism is the occasional crease in the paper which looks like manufacturing problems. These creases appear in printing mugs. I get the odd blowout on delicate text, but with the higher release of ink I should probably reduce the time on some designs. I'd also recommend stronger packaging to prevent damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoonerGary,

Thanks for the feedback.
    The slightly thinner F-35 paper has seen plenty of ceramic producers switch from mainstream papers because of the fantastic results.

I'm interested to know more about the occasional crease you've mentioned, as I haven't heard of this before. Have you experienced this in more than one pack? You feel it's due to the packaging, or it's existing prior to being placed in a pack?

Thanks again,
    Jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You can see the 'creases' when you hold the paper up to the light. I would describe them as flattened creases, some areas of very thin paper and normal thickness paper. So it would be happening during the manufacturing stage. I've only had two boxes so I'm sure it was on both. I'll check the remaining sheets and show you an example.

I would really recommend re-profiling and using a different printer paper setting as I have too much ink going onto the F-35 leaving the paper buckled as it struggles to hold the amount of ink on there. But as I said it prints big blocks of dark ink really well onto ceramics making it easier to print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Hi,

You can see the 'creases' when you hold the paper up to the light. I would describe them as flattened creases, some areas of very thin paper and normal thickness paper. So it would be happening during the manufacturing stage. I've only had two boxes so I'm sure it was on both. I'll check the remaining sheets and show you an example.

I would really recommend re-profiling and using a different printer paper setting as I have too much ink going onto the F-35 leaving the paper buckled as it struggles to hold the amount of ink on there. But as I said it prints big blocks of dark ink really well onto ceramics making it easier to print.
    Yes, please send me some images when you can - I'd be happy to see them as we've not heard of this before.
    Glad you like the paper with your ceramics.
    What inks are you currently using? Are you printing with a Epson or Ricoh?

BR,
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Epson and Inktec.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just brought some of this paper and have to agree with Deano82 its very hard to tell which side to print on :-0 JetStreamDigital when do you plan to back print the sheets?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never tried this Jet paper yet I've always used truepix since 2007, ran out last week and tried a sample of TMT's paper, quite thick and clearly printed on the back so you know which side to use.

I've found the extra thickness useful as the truepix would bleed through the paper and imprint on to the wraps. The extra thickness of this TMT paper seems to eliminate that problem.

I suppose to be fair I ought to get some Jet paper to try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi AferMO
    The jetstream paper is very thin, but I have had less bleed bleed through than I did with Trupix. No idea how that works!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks JMugs that's good to know.