Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. unifrom blacks mug printing?
    By soulclaimed in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-12-2013, 10:15 AM
  2. purple printing/transferring as blue!
    By spongerobinson in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 02:43 PM
  3. Hello purple dragon
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-05-2013, 11:22 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-06-2012, 01:17 PM
  5. blacks coming out purple
    By becky13299 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2010, 03:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Blacks are Printing Purple HELP!!!!!

Hi All,

My first post so hello to all.

I'm doing some samples for a client. They are simple charcoal Sketches witch they want on mugs and coasters.

Here leys the issue! When I print via Photoshop CS5, using the latest driver for Ricoh SG3110dn and the Power Driver they print purple. I have set the files to RGB and set the print setup to Black and White and the result is not purple but a strew yellow.

I am using the profile SG_SG3110DN_RGB_SJr_v1.0 and the print setting as outlined in the config doco.

My colour prints are great, just these once are causing me big issues...

Please help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you choosing Powerdriver from the printer selection box? Also have you tried to print as the colour on the paper does not represent the actual colour once printed.
    Cheers
    Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathG View Post
    Are you choosing Powerdriver from the printer selection box? Also have you tried to print as the colour on the paper does not represent the actual colour once printed.
    Cheers
    Kath
    Hi Keith,

I don't have the option for the power driver in the printer drop down list. I select the Ricoh. I have printed the colour chart that comes with the powerdriver and the greys are more a purple.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been to the SawGrass website to download the Powerdriver software ? If not you need to do that, and follow the instructions to set it up. Then you will have the option to pick the Powerdriver as your printer.

You won't get the right colours straight from the Ricoh drivers. I will go get the link for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathG View Post
    Have you been to the SawGrass website to download the Powerdriver software ? If not you need to do that, and follow the instructions to set it up. Then you will have the option to pick the Powerdriver as your printer.

You won't get the right colours straight from the Ricoh drivers. I will go get the link for you.
    I am on a MAC so your saying that if I install the powerdriver I should be able to see a PowerDriver as a printer selection...?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again

Here is the link. From here choose your ink and then printer and operating system. This will take you to the correct drivers for your printer.
    BTW you only use the Powerdriver with Windows operating system. If you are using a Mac, select that and you will be able to download an ICC file for your printer.

hope this helps

Cheers

Kath

http://www.sawgrassink.com/Portal/Te...Support-Wizard

edit....LOL... You beat me to it. On the Mac there is no Powerdriver, but they do provide an ICC profile for the MAC
    Last edited by KathG; 10-07-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using the Ricoh SG3110dn & the SG_SG3110DN_RGB_SJr_v1.0 profile.

I think it may have something to do with RGB in the colour setup. Sawgrass in the setup video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqqgf-jwzk8 set the RGB to sRGB IEC61996-2.1 and their doco they say to use RGB 1998.

I am in the process of trying both.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    definitely colour space of Adobe RGB 1998, Photoshop manages colours, and then print to the Ricoh driver - make sure there is no colour adjustment or enhancements in the printer driver itself. Use whatever other settings that Sawgrass recommend (resolution, and paper type etc, as all of these things can shift colours slightly.) Also, you need to be using the paper that was used for the creation of the profile, as different papers also shift the colours. For best/optimum results, a bespoke ICC profile made for your individual printer is the solution.