Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Show off thread :)
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:36 AM
  2. End of my tether!
    By rabb in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2015, 09:36 AM
  3. Disaster Thread.
    By NikGrey in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 10:06 AM
  4. not one for the show off thread
    By printeire in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  5. trying to find a thread
    By Craig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-09-2012, 12:04 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another end of tether thread!

Ok, help needed.
    I use a Rocoh SG 3110DN printer with Sawgrass inks and I use subright paper. I have for the last 18 months ran my press at 230 seconds at 190c. The problem recently is I have is the edges are faint and black seems to be brown. this mainly seems to be around the middle on the mug and the bottom, never the top. I preheat the mug on a radiator prior to putting them in the press.
    I thought the problem was the blanket and as my press was quite old I brought a new one but to my horror its worse! This mainly seems to be on black & white images, colour is ok but not everytime. Reading the other 'end of my tether' thread I decided to drop the temperture to 170 and the time down to the 180 seconds, the results are even worse with the image being very faint.
    I do metal plaques from the same printer and use a different flat bed press and these come out great set at 60 seconds on 190c. Now as you can imagine, I'm a little miffed. I have used the same procedure for the last four years but after replacing the press and wasting a lot of mugs I am slowly getting hacked of with the whole affair.
    I use signzworld mugs and up until recently things were fine.
    Any help would be appreciated, get a backlog on eBay orders.

Ok, on the advice of a fellow mug presser, I have increased the temp to 200 and took it up to 250 seconds but its still no better so I am thinking something is not right, any help?
    Last edited by Mugman71; 18-07-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some different mugs to check the mugs. Sawgrass, ricoh, trupix, 170 degrees, 185 seconds, cold mugs, no radiator. That's my timings for 11oz mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must confess to thinking for a while that signzworld mugs have been pretty poor quality. I had some 11oz mugs from old stock and tried one of these but at 200f and 250 seconds. It came out near perfect. I used to run mugs at 330 seconds and think if I go lower that 250 seconds it might go poor again. I am also thinking of changing my paper as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I originally came on here a while back everybody insisted you warmed the mug first?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If full wrap then probably best, if not full wrap then it's whatever works. The joys (irratation) of sublimation....it sure as heck isn't an exact science. Drives the engineer in me nuts!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even bought my kit yet, but since the topic is open.... Do u switch your heating on to warm the mugs on your radiator?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a wind up question?

Going back to the subject in hand, still having this problem. If didn't help that a new mug company I used - warehouse clearance, sent me 10oz mugs instead the ordered 11oz and their communication was appalling. I am ordering 110z on Monday from coralgraph and if the problem doesn't sort itself I will have a lot of mug designs up for sale!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a wind up! Genuinely asking... as you said you warm it up on the radiator. Am I missing something here?