Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. which ICC profile out of the five? ricoh 3110dn
    By JBDesign in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  2. want to see ricoh power driver in action
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
  3. Ricoh / Power Driver for iMac
    By Postcard in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  4. ICC profile for ricoh 3300??
    By mugstar in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 10:46 AM
  5. Ricoh 7000 colour profile
    By Jason Davies in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disabling Ricoh SG2100 driver's default profile ?

Hi there. I am new here and just embarking upon sublimation printing. I have a new Ricoh Aficio SG2100n printer with sublimation ink refillable cartidges. Am using Warna sublimation ink. Had problem of blacks coming out reddish brown on test prints, got into ICC profiles on Photoshop 2 but can't see how to disable the default driver profiles. One or two profiles made the image greyer, less brown but not hopeful. Was thinking of paying for a profile but not sure of the quality of these inks to be honest. The black ink looks reddish brown in the bottle!
    Thanks for reading!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still learning but I am not sure if your printer can be used for sublimation as most of the ricoh models are the 3110 and use sawgrass inks with their own icc profile called powerdriver.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I am still learning but I am not sure if your printer can be used for sublimation as most of the ricoh models are the 3110 and use sawgrass inks with their own icc profile called powerdriver.
    I am using sublimation ink but the only problem is getting the correct ICC profile plus being able to disable the original profile

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I have the same printer and the same problem... Black is brownish when printed on to the mug also the image is dull so any help would be grateful thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black being brownish can be indicative of too much time or too high a temperature.
    Problem is folks you have thrown yourselves in the deep end by not buying from one of the suppliers listed on this forum, and hence do not have the "ready to go" options they offer. The 2100 was not a "Sawgrass" supported printer....not the end of the world, but adds to the difficulty.

Now from the comments I assume neither Rivermansky nor Shortygal507 are familiar with profiles etc, my advice would be to buy a supported printer and inks from one of the suppliers to this forum, you will then be printing and earning, not getting bogged down.

Perhaps not what you want to hear....but it's good advice.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    Black being brownish can be indicative of too much time or too high a temperature.
    Problem is folks you have thrown yourselves in the deep end by not buying from one of the suppliers listed on this forum, and hence do not have the "ready to go" options they offer. The 2100 was not a "Sawgrass" supported printer....not the end of the world, but adds to the difficulty.

Now from the comments I assume neither Rivermansky nor Shortygal507 are familiar with profiles etc, my advice would be to buy a supported printer and inks from one of the suppliers to this forum, you will then be printing and earning, not getting bogged down.

Perhaps not what you want to hear....but it's good advice.

Janners
    thanks for the reply I had a Ricoh gxe3300n but it's started flashing up with error code so this printer is temp till I can get a better 1 my times / temp paper an ink are all from xpres . The only thing I can think of is printer settings which I have no idea about as with my 3300 I just plugged in and went .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up in the end and bought a Sawgrass Sg400 Sub Printer. It prints perfectly. There is no point in flogging a dead horse it seems. It was partly the third party inks I was using, black even looked brown in the bottle. My advice is to spend the extra money and get a supported printer as was mentioned above. You can spend too much time messing around

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for the reply touch wood I've got it goin ... Used the xpres profile an it's working a treat

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't find

Quote Originally Posted by Shortygal507 View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply touch wood I've got it goin ... Used the xpres profile an it's working a treat
    I checked the xpres site and could not find anything about Sg2100 and am slowly running out of will power to get over the colour problem.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill dial in and sort it for u if u like.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk