Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Vapor Foam Kit - Or Just The Foam
    By customprints in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2015, 11:40 AM
  3. Supplier of Vapor Foam?
    By twinsgran in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-04-2015, 12:45 AM
  4. Any suggestions for heat resistant gloves?
    By dorlov in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 01:35 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat resistant foam

After my issues with the vinyl peeling and wrinkling on my hoodies I am looking into a way of pressing the hoodie back without the pocket seam affecting the press. I have tried a google and the search bar here.
    Does anyone know where I can by something similar to what is found on the bottom platen of a heat press. I can them put this between the garments when I press them.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pocket seam will not affect the press, but pads are available from yolo and also target, they are expensive for what they are, but useful for doing sleeves

http://www.yolo.co.uk/accessories-27-c.asp
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange that because when I was doing the hoodies on one or two I pressed them with putting them over the platen and where the pocket was the vinyl lifted when removing the backing sheet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now thats interesting, if you were pressing them as a double layer as it was, front and back under the press in one go, and they were lifting, so the press pressure was no where near tight enough, how much adjustment did you make to them when you pressed them over the platen - ie single layer ??
    , i think you need to clamp your press down further, medium pressure on clothing, is quite different to medium on metal or sub stuff. I do 100's of hoodies a month and unless they will fit over the plate easily - ie adults larger sizes, i always press double - but adjust the press accordingly.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't adjust the pressure. I just forgot to separate the back and front. I only knew I forgot when the press was harder to close. So in reality the pressure was higher but as I say along the line of the seam as I pulled off the backing paper it lifted in areas. Maybe it was just coincidence. Normally I use a medium pressure. I have an unnamed press but it has a big black screw sticking out of the top and I can adjust pressure from there. On a prepress when I lift the press you can see the whole platen area has pressed the hoodie. It looks a slightly lighter colour.

Many thanks
    Iain

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Quins

I think you need to get yourself on a textile course :-) Please do not think I am being patronising there, I wish I could go on one but can not justify it with the numbers I am doing which are all t-shirts.

Grafitype run a course normally a couple of times a year in conjunction with Siser (who sell really decent vinyls). The course is free and I would recommend you call Grafitype asking them when the next course is and also ask them for a sample pack of Siser films. I think it would be really useful for you.

From what I have heard its a really good course (one 1 day I think) and you come away with buckets of knowledge.

Doesn't help you right now, but it might in the future pal.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense taken at all. I think I started to run before I could walk. Never done a large run before with various sizes only done the odd one or two for people.

Many thanks
    Iain