Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brother printers for sublimation use.
    By JSR in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 27-07-2015, 03:58 PM
  2. Best ink and paper for Brother Printer
    By Bren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM
  3. Setting custom paper size on the brother 5910DW
    By twinsgran in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
  4. Brother MFC-5890 and sublimation ink?
    By johnny124 in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 11:00 AM
  5. Brother DCP-J315W for sublimation?
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-07-2012, 11:01 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best value sublimation ink & paper for Brother MFC-J651ODW

Hello,
    I am hoping to use my Brother MFC-J651ODW printer in the sublimation process and I was wondering what were the best value sublimation inks/dyes to use with this printer, and the best value sublimation paper to use.

I have read that some cheap sublimation inks can give poor quality results, so I would appreciate any guidance about which are good value sub inks to use with this printer.

If if anyone has any thoughts on which they think is the best quality sublimation paper to use (stuff that gives best quality results), that would help me a lot as well.

I am aware I will need a continuous ink supply system (CISS) for the printer, and wondered what the best value ones of those were too.

Pros & cons would be good to know, and links would be great if people have them.

Thanks for for your help,

Susan
    Last edited by AidAnimals; 25-07-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Susan,

At the top of the screen you'll see the 'similar thread' section where you may find some good advice already posted.

There are users of Brother printers on here so I'm sure they'll be along very soon to offer advice :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin,

I'm not used to using forums, this is my first time, so I may have posted my question in the wrong place - I hope not!
    I will take your advice and have a look at similar threads to see if I can find some answers 😊

Thanks again,
    Susan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Susan,

The Brother printers use 'Epson' compatible sublimation ink. If you use a poor quality ink, you can probably expect poor quality results I guess.
    There are some images on an old (no longer used) web site of mine here: http://rossdevitt.com/ww/ The bright coloured ones were back when I was using a cheap Epson compatible ink.

I think most in the little slideshow on the left are polyester. The images on the main screen used to scroll and include cotton heat pressed as well.
    The polyester shirts are made with a Brother MFC-6510DW printer using generic Epson compatible sublimation inks and TruPix paper.
    The cotton shirts are pretty obviuous from the way I do 'fuzzy edges' on my cotton shirts. They are also done on Brother MFC-6510DW, but using Epson compatible pigment inks and Jetpro Sofstretch paper.

Dye sub seems to use much less ink than ordinary heat press or other printing. So it doesn;t cost much extra to use really good ink.
    Also if you get an ICC profile done, preferably one profile for ceramic mugs and another for bright white polyester, that should cover you for quite a range of stuff and you won;t need to play with settings quite as much.

Use good quality paper. Ask around the forum for advice, but I think you'll find TruPix is pretty popular.