Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Importing From China through AliBaba
    By pisquee in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-01-2012, 10:38 PM
  2. fonts
    By stuart in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16-10-2011, 10:50 PM
  3. importing files
    By pipesy in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
  4. Importing PDF into Coreldraw
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-05-2011, 07:47 AM
  5. Importing from america
    By chongsta in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 11:31 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importing PDF fonts missing

I am going mad!!!!! I have been sent a PDF converted to paths and am trying to import it into Corel Draw. I keep getting told that the font is missing and that it will be converted to the nearest match. I thought if it was converted to paths there is no font?
    I have downloaded the missing font, put it into my font folder. I can choose the font from the font list when I use it in a new document but does not show up in the list of substitute fonts when I try to import it.
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you actually installed the font, or just put it into your folder ? if you have just saved it into your fonts folder, and it is in its own zipped or unzipped folder it will not show up. open up font navigator (part of corel draw) and import it into there
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont use Corel, but I know in Illustrator if you outline the strokes/paths, then you don't require the font, so I'd imagine it's the same in Corel. My guess would be that the file wasn't properly outlined...perhaps the drawing/shapes were, but the font wasn't? When you open the file, albeit with substituted fonts, are you able to select and edit the text? If it's properly outlined, you shouldn't be able to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corel allows you to send too options or save options to have fonts with document when creating pdf files for print ready art work, seems they missed this option that's all
    Directdesignsupplied.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Font maybe used elsewhere in the file. I use pstill. From pstill.com, sorts virtually all pdf issues.
    Alan D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.