Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. new laptop :-)
    By bigj2552 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2012, 02:29 PM
  2. whats it to be then ?
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 04:33 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 12:21 PM
  4. Laptop covers
    By pesketta in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-05-2011, 06:15 PM
  5. Laptop Sleeves Again...
    By Glen in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats your laptop Spec for use with Coreldraw x6 / x7

Wondered what spec laptops or desktop machines people are using to run Coreldraw X6 & X7 . Got a couple budget laptops (circa £500 when new) 4-6Gb Intel i5 processors, integrated graphics with Windows 7 which cope but getting long in the tooth and as we know Windows gradually clogs up and grinds so occasionally running versaworks and Coreldraw together they can struggle but that could be due to the clog and having other things in the background like cloud services and email etc. SO does anyone use high spec laptops or recently got one they thinks great? Also do you have preference for anti-glare matte screens or glossy ones? I've always chosen matte for reduced eye strain risk but colours are more vibrant on glossy.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If funds allow. I would be looking at an Intel i7 processor with at least 8 gig or ram. 16 gig is better. The more ram the less bogged down you will get. Plus look for a dedicated graphics card. One place to look is Dell as they have a good range with different specs to choose from. I have both a Mac iMac and a Dell laptop. The laptop is getting on for 5 years old and have no problems with it. Famous last words ....lol...

Cheers
    Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be very surprised if an Intel i5 processor can't cope with Windows 7 and Corel. Maybe if you can upgrade the ram in them it might be worth a while, and also may be worth putting a clean install of Windows on them, without the bloatware that most manufacturers include.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They work okay with the i5 and yes more memory say 8gb instead of 4gb would help and it quite doable. We're looking to add another machine because these two have other specific business purposes, so probably get a budget i5 laptop again but before doing so I thought to canvass here to see what everyone is using as it could throw up some useful alternatives and ideas and see what others think and do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a back up I can run coreldraw X6 on my netbook plugged into a screen. Windows XP was new to the market when I bought it it has 1gb of ram and says "intel atom inside". It runs just fine. A friend did a reset (?) or something on it about 12 months ago, for me to use it with coreldraw and removed all the cack that you pick up over a period of time. So I guess that helps with a minimum benchmark.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think you need particularly high spec, but obviously more is better.
    If you are only working images for mug or tshirt sizes then you don't need the same as if you are working on billboard sized stuff.
    A SSD will probably make more difference than a super processor......

Life of your kit is a factor thou, high spec will last you longer before upgrade, and all the cost/time/inconvenience involved.....
    If you want power value, but a tower instead, can run hotter and faster for less money!, - and are generally much more robust!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What spec machines you using then Logobear? I see you're in Newcastle, I was born there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    got some X86 dual core 2mb ram that are fine once booted, new ones are i5 ssd 16mb ram. not that much difference once up and running.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run Corel on am i3 previously not great but OK, I am currently running all my software on a laptop i7, 12GB ddr3 ram 160GB SSD and dedicated cuda graphics and it runs sweet as a nut

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving my post here. Ended up with a great price on a Dell Vostro laptop, i5 processor, Windows 7 Pro 500gb hdd & I upgraded RAM from 4 to 8mb - Worked okay, open too much particularly in corel and it would stumble but okay overall. Not much more than a year old though and the hard drive has developed issues, got a spare drive so having a local guy to install W7 fresh on the swapped drive and I'll clean install Corel etc again. In hindsight I think a laptop with the ability to take more ram perhaps 16 32 or more would be priority, i5 processor is okay but i7 maybe better and separate graphics probably a good idea but this all costs a lot more when looking at laptops. Tower isn't an option currently.