Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heating the base of the mug
    By dougbraz in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-10-2014, 01:07 PM
  2. looking for a heat press for mobile phone covers
    By meldean in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 04:32 PM
  3. Printing on mug base?
    By Martinx in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-01-2012, 02:11 PM
  4. mug presss
    By jennywren in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-10-2010, 03:49 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile Heat Presss Base

Well, since buying my equipment I have been practicing with designing, using the heat press and cutting vinyl on my Summa D60 and my Silhouette Cameo.

My abilities have certainly come on, but one thing that did become apparent quite quickly was the space needed to operate my Pressmech swing press. For several weeks it has been sat on the floor of my kitchen. I've then had to enlist the help of my wife to lift it onto the kitchen table each time I needed to use it.

Obviously this could'nt continue, so I came up with a short-term solution, which will tide me over untill I sort out my permanent workspace.

What I've done is to take a 600mm kitchen 3 drawer unit and attach industrial castor wheels from Screwfix nstead of the standard legs. I've had to attach 3/4" plywood to the base as this allowed me to install the rear castor closer to the rear of the base unit for overall stability.

It's definitely worked out better than I expected. As planned, I can now store the press under my stairs while not in use and wheel it out when needed. An unexpected benefit is that I've found that the bottom dawer is perfect for storing the Silhouette Cameo. The upper drawers hold various tools and rolls of vinyl.

I'm not sure if this has been done by any other forum members previously, so I've attached some images in the hope it might help somewho are suffering the same problem.

Overall cost has been about £45.00.

Attached Images Attached Images