Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. heat press
    By logos unlimited in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-07-2015, 09:43 AM
  3. bms hp3805 press
    By 59viper in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM
  4. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  5. 38 x 38 Heat Press
    By harlequeen in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feedback on HP3805 Heat Press?

Has anyone bought the HP3805 beast of a heat press from BMS and could perhaps give a thumbs up or down to it compared to other similar sized presses (including clams)? Thank you. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes Olly, I just bought one. Will let you know how I get on with it when I pick it up tomorrow. Olly :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olly,
    I'd be interested in knowing how you get on with this.
    Thanks,
    Olly ... sorry Jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I went and picked up the press this afternoon from BMS and thanks to Scott got it into the car. This thing is HEAVY! Stupidly I then decided to use my years of gym training to get it out of the car and into our studio, on my own. A good 50 metre walk up a slope, decking and steps! I DO NOT recommend doing this and I'm not looking forward to waking up tomorrow probably in pain. Well we've only had a small number of items to press today (mouse mats, keyrings) but I am TOTALLY impressed so far. From the actual build of the press which is solid as a rock to the control screen (fully LCD not just a dodgy number up/down display) then this thing is very impressive for the cost (£510 with vat excl delivery). As Scott said to me, it could easily be worth three times that with a certain UK brand label on it. As far as the heating up time then probably no different to our cheaper press but when it came to pressing then far superior in terms of less time needed and consistent temperature across the artwork. A lot of work we tend to get has solid background colours and the old press would more often than not start to lighten certain areas for no reason at all. Well the first press on this beast came out perfectly as did the keyrings. I will certainly write some more on the press once we have used it a little more. For us then a big decision was the ability to pick up for free as I know the delivery charge on this is quite a bit. Since my first post on this topic then BMS have SOLD OUT so just waiting for the commission cheque to come through if you're reading this Martin! Ha Ha. Thanks once again to Scott at BMS who consistently gives quality time and advice to customers and for helping to get it into the car. Watch this space. Olly

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Scotty@BMS (06-04-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this Olly, it's what drives the forums forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have just taken delivery of this at an added cost of about £45. It arrived in a massive box and I wondered how I was going to get it up the stairs in my house. Eventually, we got it into the room and on the work bench/table. I've only pressed some vinyl onto t-shirts so far, but they turned out well. The press heated up very quickly and the lcd display is excellent. It is a heavy machine and stands big on my workdesk. I am not very tall and the sliding platen is such a boon for me. The rubber cover on the platen is loose and i don't know if it should be loose or fixed. I am hoping to get a go at sublimating a couple of things over the next couple of days and will give my opinion then. So far, I'm pleased with what I've done with it. It takes considerably more effort to move the swing away top than my last little A4 press, but feels like it will last me a lifetime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well Harlequeen that's super to know someone else has the press and be great to hear more feedback as well when you have used it more. I am though AMAZED by this press. Although it should be a day of rest, I have spent most of the afternoon printing coasters, mousemats, keyrings and license plates. Well this press has made my job SO much easier. Quick list of why so far this press is far superior to old press of ours (I'm sure not unique to this press but perhaps at this price range!):
    1) The countdown starts when you push down handle to start pressing. No more need to press buttons once you get into a rhythm of pressing.
    2) Being able to pull out the drawer and also swing away has helped so much in placing more items than we would normally so less time spent pressing
    3) Less time needed to press. For instance our old press would do a mouse-mat (full photo) in perhaps 90s-100s but finding brighter colours on this press at just 75s
    4) With mouse mats then we can put two on the press at the same time and not worry about cold patches. The old press I would have to cross my fingers each time. Wasted quite a few mouse mats.
    5) The press stays a lot hotter for longer when turned off. Meaning it heats up so much quicker if there is a gap in pressing.

More info as the week goes on but so far so good. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've used this press for slates and they seem to be coming out quite well. I hope I'm not jixing myself here. LOL. I've pressed t-shirts, blankets, coasters, keyring and cottone sacks. All in all I'm very pleased.

Thumbs up to BMS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at purchasing the same press as it looks and sounds like a good quality piece of equipment, after a few months use could you guys tell me if you are still happy with you r choice, have yoy had any issues with it and do you think it will be capable of doing laser transfers? thanks in advance