Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Guillotine Modification.
    By NikGrey in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-11-2013, 10:21 PM
  2. Guillotine ?
    By NikGrey in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-10-2013, 02:07 PM
  3. Looking for a new guillotine
    By magicfingers in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-10-2011, 09:38 PM
  4. Wanted Wanted Guillotine
    By The Good Captain in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-08-2011, 09:56 AM
  5. METAL GUILLOTINE
    By THE METAL MAN in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Thread: Guillotine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guillotine

I'm new to sublimation but i've realised i'm going to need a guillotine sometime soon.

Anybody know where I can get one for a reasonable price?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France?
    Sorry, I got one in Lidl some time ago. I am sure having a look at ebay will throw up loads.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    highly recommend ROTATRIM - not cheap but last forever
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what ever trimmer you buy - just remember, do not pick it up or carry it by the round shiny tube the cutter runs on! - Even nice chunky Rotatrim ones. It doesn't take much to put a very slight bow into the cutter guide rail and the trimmer is never quite the same again despite having a spring mounted cutting wheel.

If you can, get yourself a trimmer which cuts in both directions and if you have the space for it, is somewhat longer than the longest thing you want to cut. In a short time the under side of the plastic strip that the paper slides under gets dirty and you always run the risk of it leaving something behind on your transfers etc. With a longer cutter you can gently lift the plastic strip - just a tad, so you can slide paper in and out without it even touching the underside of the strip.

If you are buying over the counter rather than online, take a wad of A3 or A4 paper with you to test the squareness of the side guide(s). Put in the biggest sheet of paper you can, push it up against the side guide and cut a strip off. Take the paper out of the trimmer and flip it horizontally. Push up against the side bar and slide the paper forward to the edge of the bottom blade, the paper will almost certainly be out of alignment with the bottom blade - as you flipped the paper you have effectively doubled the error. An error of half a mm over the long side of an A4 is pretty good. However don't just do it once, repeat the test several times, especially if the first one looks way out of true - its often down to the way you push the paper up to the side stop. When you do three or four and get the same error, thats probably what the error really is rather than 'operator error'

I'd also vouch for the quality of Rotatrim but as Logobear says, they are by no means cheap. Nor are they bomb proof!

Arhur