Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Pressing Times.
    By Earl Smith in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 03:08 PM
  2. Looking for a Font like Times:
    By Earl Smith in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-03-2012, 06:38 PM
  3. HELP!! Cushion Times.
    By proprints in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-12-2011, 03:46 PM
  4. How many times can you press a mug?
    By Imme in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
  5. temp and times
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What times should i use?

Hi folks..... me again lol

What times should i be pressing mugs to?

I use 10oz mugs with a coral 2 mug press. Our Henry is saying i should put an old mug in there and let it heat up...Then when press has got to temp take out old mug and put in new then hit the timer.The last one i pressed was 175c-125seconds but found out my black was coming out brown.

Im using Sublinova-inktek ink with X-pres sublimation paper. Icc profile installed aswell.

Does anyone know what times and temp i should be working to ? Ive pressed um at 165c and blacks have been loads better....Just dont want to waste a load of mugs in process. Mugs are from Coralgraph.

regards

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Blacks go brown through overheating. 180 for 180 is usually a good starting point but I find Inktec inks print well at 160 for 160.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers 4 that Justin.
    Henry at Corelgraph advised me to put an old mug in first, let press hit temp than swap mug with one to sublimated, Press timer.....
    Well the press drops down heat again when you place a mug in there.Is this included in the 160 or not. There`s half saying wait till it gets back upto temp then press timer. I dont know which way to turn for the best....Is my pressure wrong..How hard is it to pull leaver back? Can you do it with hand or fingers.
    I know theres alot of stuff to answer but How would you tackle it Justin?
    Cheers buddy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, the time allows for the drop in temp this is because the mug is cold and reduces the blanket temp. I always have a blank mug in when warming/cooling to protect my blankets. All presses are different and I don't have the same as you but 160/160 will be a good starting point. Pressure doesn't need to be too high, as long as you see the blanket wrapping over the edges of the mug. Full wrap is harder to get right, may need a little more pressure, pre-heated mug base and most importantly good straight mugs!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Both methods of timing are valid, and sometimes depend on your mug press as to how the timer circuit works. The only real difference is the people timing as soon as the mug goes in will have a different (longer) time than people who time from the press recovering to preset temp.