Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. OBA first post.
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 11:41 AM
  2. Hi, but i post a Q first
    By HayLou in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-10-2014, 11:19 PM
  3. Trying to find a post.
    By twinsgran in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:16 PM
  4. PROBLEMS with pressing latte mugs
    By PJames in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2011, 09:19 PM
  5. Test Post
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 07:38 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post pressing problems

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I have recently come across a problem where I have pressed a tshirt and the image has a blotchy look to it. I have a dark blue image on a shirt which I have printed on JPSS at the normal temp and 20 seconds press time but part of the image seems lighter than the rest of the shirt.

I have recently began to put heat tape down on the garments to hold them central etc and since that I have had this odd discoloration on the tee and have been hot peeling them.

I spoke to the jpss supplier today stating I had this problem and he suggested cold peeling, which I did and the result was perfect, I also did not use any heat tape to hold the image in place.
    Has anybody else had this problem, I thought it may have been the heat tape warping the image on the press but not sure, just strange that I did a cold peel with no tape and it comes out perfect?

I have included an image to have a look at, I pre-pressed it for 5 seconds, although not at full temp but any moisture would appear throughout the image, not just the lighter part that you see here.

Attached Images Attached Images