Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-12-2014, 10:32 AM
  2. For Sale New Vinyl Cutter Cutting Plotter 720 mm - Purchased from Coralgraph
    By chris_hosk in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 11:36 AM
  3. Cutting Sublimation Stickers with Vinyl Cutter
    By Thomas in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 05:40 PM
  4. Which vinyl cutter to buy? also for contour cutting
    By jimsters in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 09:13 AM
  5. Sold VINYL CUTTER / CUTTING PLOTTER 710mm (Mint Condition)
    By AdamB in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Cutting small pieces of vinyl with a Graphtec Cutter

My old Roland CX24 was great for popping in odds and ends of vinyl and cutting small designs. My newer Graphtec doesn't appear to want to accept smaller pieces.

So.....Just finishing off a critical job and underestimated my material use, typical situation, specific colour and low temp material that I bought in especially. 2 small pieces of the material left (very small) but I worked out with a little rearranging I could squeeze the remaining wording on....but then the graphtec won't accept it!

Looked up at by long time boxed Silhouette knowing that this can take the small pieces with.....a carrier sheet! Of course, why not use a blooming carrier sheet in the Graphtec. So I did and it worked a treat!

OK, I know this isn't necessarily a Tip and many will know this already but I'm both pleased the idea hit me and annoyed it hadn't occurred to be before....so obvious now!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, I only have the Graphtec CE 6000-40, but am accumulating lots of small pieces. What I have found is as long as it is 50mm wide I can cut small word, but have to remember that I need a few inches in length sticking out the back. I also found that it mattered where you place the small pieces...they must go over a sensor. I have had luck but sometimes it did not work.
    when you use the carrier sheet does the Graphtec see where the pieces are placed like on the Cameo. I only tried the carrier sheet once and I think I put it in the wrong way round as it messed up.
    So fire away with those tips...I will find them helpful. :)

Just realised what I had written and that its the cameo sees where the designs are placed on the carrier not the HTV pieces. Does the Graphtec work the same way?
    Last edited by KathG; 29-12-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    Cheers

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think with a bit more care (and time!) it could well accept smaller pieces as you've described. Mine is the CE-6000-60 so same tech.

It recognised the whole plastic carrier sheet and I just set it to start at the corner of the vinyl.

So much you can do on these machines, I really must put time aside to learn!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

I have the same machine, is your media sensor on? it took me ages to work out why it would not accept smaller pieces. Turned it off and i can cut on a 2 x 2 inch square...

You probably knew about that all ready, just trying to get my posts up lol

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks Peter, no I didn't know that. like I say I really must spend more time with it! I'll have a go with the sensor off :-)

I really don't mind those sort of useful posts getting your count up!