Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-12-2015, 02:52 PM
  2. Wide format sublimation options
    By Justin in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-03-2015, 09:41 PM
  3. Wide Format Textile Sublimation
    By Alastair@Xpres in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
  4. New A3 or Used wide format..?
    By JMugs in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-07-2013, 11:53 AM
  5. Large format ink choices
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Wide Format Sublimation Choices

Just wondering what members are using for wide format sublimation printing right now.

I've been using the 9600 for the past 6 months and it's been excellent. Started having a couple of issues that I'm struggling to rectify so I'm looking with half an eye at what I'll need to do if I have to replace.

Company I got the 9600 from are now recommending the newer 9800. I know this uses the DX5 head (9600 uses the DX4) I don't have experience of this. I did have an Epson 7890 for a short while but obviously not well suited to sublimation due to the use of the DX6 head.

I need to stick to 44" and want the extra colours over a 4 colour system for photographic quality reproduction so I'm interested to know what people are using.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email chromalux, and ask them what they are using for their big demonstration panels. I can't find the email (it was a long time ago) but I am sure they were using a 4 colour epson which threw me. I may be getting my wires crossed, well worth asking.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I see some companies are now selling the 8 colour SG machine, Virtuoso VJ628, £50 for 220ml carts, still a lot more than Sublinova but better value for a supported machine.....but at £3600 though for a 24" printer!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i ask here please ?
    unless one is doing canvas / signs, what really is the point in having large format 44"+ printers ?...to sit and do probably phone covers, mug, mouse mats and the usual stuff we all do

DTG, i see as useful, for obvious reason, abit a tad pricey - 44"+ printers ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We use our 44" for running off rolls of fabric, as well as for small pieces of fabic which are then turned into various products (clothing, fashion accessories, home textiles), but it's also used for smaller things like mugs and coasters - we get 12 mug transfers across the 111.8 cm of the paper, and then the printer cuts off the page - the economics of only using the paper you need rather than being constrained to set sizes of the paper is a huge advantage to us, as well as the cost per square metre being much better than sheet stock too.

E2A - we don't do canvas or signage!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    can i ask here please ?
    unless one is doing canvas / signs, what really is the point in having large format 44"+ printers ?...to sit and do probably phone covers, mug, mouse mats and the usual stuff we all do

DTG, i see as useful, for obvious reason, abit a tad pricey - 44"+ printers ?
    As Tim mentions, fabric is a very good example. For my own personal use it's for the larger Chromaluxe Panels primarily but you do find they're great for running off mugs etc. as well. Sure, it can be overkill some of the time but again as Tim mentions, you're saving on paper...and ink every time you print anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    Email chromalux, and ask them what they are using for their big demonstration panels. I can't find the email (it was a long time ago) but I am sure they were using a 4 colour epson which threw me. I may be getting my wires crossed, well worth asking.

Janners
    I'll have a word. I've just got details of the heat presses they recommend as well.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok 9800 is too old mate go 9880 which had a teflon coated head , for 4 colour go for suecolour t7200 or 36inch the t5200 ive converted many of these its exactly the same as the F6000 in hardware bar the ink system . I have a specific ink for these not sublinova smart as this is for DX5 heads only. Obviously you can use smart on the 9880 no problem.

The Sawgras machne is based on the mutoh Valuejet 628 just buy this save a fortune ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I thought 9800 and 9880 were same age? Not many 9880's around. These both use the DX5 head though? I see no point whatsoever in 4 colour unless someone can tell me what I'm missing? How can these compare with 8 colour machines?

Xpres/Chromaluxe are recommending the Epson F6200 for chromaluxe work but again this is just a 4 colour for £4795+vat.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I thought 9800 and 9880 were same age? Not many 9880's around. These both use the DX5 head though? I see no point whatsoever in 4 colour unless someone can tell me what I'm missing? How can these compare with 8 colour machines?

Xpres/Chromaluxe are recommending the Epson F6200 for chromaluxe work but again this is just a 4 colour for £4795+vat.
    The 9880 came out AFTER the 9800 it had a different head and addition they change the magenta inks to VIVID magenta . Also the bidirectional printing was enhanced to give better registration. The heads are slightly different but replacement heads are the same infact you get a 9880 head only these days.

Because of the droplet size most people get away with 4 colour printing however if its high end photographic work you may wan the additional blacks to give a smoother transition in fleshtones however Its subtle . The f6000 is designed more for garments and Epson have had some issues with their inks especially black density.