Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Bad transfer, teflon blanket marks on mug, sticky paper, tape marks
    By ernestomac in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 12:23 PM
  2. DF50 Heat Press, Rock Slate printing.
    By twinx05 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 11:54 PM
  3. Heat Tape = Polymide Tape/Kapton Tape
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 03:52 PM
  4. Photo Rock/Slate
    By MikeyMike in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-02-2014, 10:52 PM
  5. Mug heat tape.
    By bikertec in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 05:48 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat tape marks on photo rock slate after heat pressing

Hi Guys

ive been sublimating fir over a year now with the usual problems along the way and corrected these as I went along, but this problem is puzzling me.

Ive just started sublimating photo rock slates and after heat pressing the heat tape leaves marks on the back, not a big problem, but it's also leaving a slight image on the printed side, not overly visible but is there if the slate catches the light at the right angle, the tape is on the unprinted side of the paper but is touching the hot planten via a Teflon sheet, it seems as though the heat is making the tapes glue permeate through the paper.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem and if so knows what to do to stop it happening in the future and also how to prevent the tape marks on the back too?

Cheers

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slates I do are smaller than A4 so I centre the print and then just tape whatever overhangs the slate on the back only. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly what I did, but I had tape marks on the back of the slate and top & bottom tape marks on printed side where the tape was on reverse unprinted side of paper. I'm thinking my temp (190) or time 400 seconds was too much, but both within my suppliers recommended settings, got slates from subliblanks.co.uk.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should not be a need to have tape anywhere near the print side, I use one piece of tape to secure each "flap" to the back just to locate the paper before turning over to press. To prevent rear tape marks you could insert another piece of paper underneath the flaps. There is another thread on this issue somewhere with pictures but can't find it at the moment so worth a search.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said above, keep the tape away from the image.... only need to tape it on the back of the slate!
    If it's leaving marks on the rear I would overlap the paper on the rear, then tape, dont think marks on the rear would be a problem though!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scotty44; 27-02-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quick spray with isopropyl gets rid :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!