Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. First Time Press
    By rgarner in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-03-2016, 04:35 PM
  2. Temp and time for knights mug press
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-10-2013, 03:05 PM
  3. Where do I find a press pillow
    By Tryweryn in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-08-2013, 10:33 AM
  4. Time and Temp for Heat Press DF50?
    By TailoreChocs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 04:13 PM
  5. Time for a laugh.......funny Ebay feedback
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

cheapest mug press on ebay i could find (that time)

Hi guys... SO I gone and did it :)
    I looked on ebay for the cheapest mug press i could possibly find and decided to see what can we get for price below £50.
    blog post here: http://www.howtoprintstuff.co.uk/can...r-good-result/
    and video...
    As I said in my post, its tested from hobbyist point of view and not professional mass production

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Would this be better in Reviews section Paul? Very interesting. I guess the quality of the blanket, i.e. consistency is the biggest issue with cheaper presses?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I will move it then. I don't know how long will it last but for hobbies not mass producing should be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just watched video again, I thought it was faded near handles but obviously not. Surprisingly good then? Will you be doing a long term test Paul?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i will press few more mugs to see how it performs but i dont do mugs that much this days... cant find any profit in them :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do know this will create a **** storm between the - buy cheap/buy twice group, and better buy most expensive one you can get..will last yrs group

and i would have one of those ones no bother...suppose you only got 2 yr heavy use out it....for £46 no brainer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i am sure it will create some s*** but purpose of this video was not to prove that those press are better. it just to prove if you have some skills already and dont need industry mass production then this one will do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had 2-3 of these and none of them lasted beyond 2 months occasional/ fair use. Their previous black models were very good.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's really hard to tell with that style of mug press looking all the same from one supplier to another if they are the same quality or not.
    We had some of this kind we got cheap that lasted for years, and some more recently from BMS where the blankets wore out in a couple of months.
    If you can get cheap presses which last a couple of months, or a more expensive press where the blankets only last a couple of months, and the blanket replacement cost on the more expensive press if the same as buying a whole cheap press, then it seems to make more sense just to buy another cheap press, and treat them as a consumable, instead of just the blanket being the consumable item - this way you don't have to waste time getting screw driver/allen keys out to swap the blankets over, just get the new one out the box!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    It's really hard to tell with that style of mug press looking all the same from one supplier to another if they are the same quality or not.
    We had some of this kind we got cheap that lasted for years, and some more recently from BMS where the blankets wore out in a couple of months.
    If you can get cheap presses which last a couple of months, or a more expensive press where the blankets only last a couple of months, and the blanket replacement cost on the more expensive press if the same as buying a whole cheap press, then it seems to make more sense just to buy another cheap press, and treat them as a consumable, instead of just the blanket being the consumable item - this way you don't have to waste time getting screw driver/allen keys out to swap the blankets over, just get the new one out the box!

LMARO here.....
    thats what i said about printers lol, and look at me....bloody things are everywhere

as i said before @ £46, it should last a yr, pending on how much use it gets....
    might get one myself at that price, if paul PM me the link bud, or is it just a case of search ebay for the cheapest lol

we still got the original bms df1 we bought about 4+ yr ago...ok, the blanket is bit tatty at edges, and we had to up the heat a tad so we get full top to bottom coverage, but it still going...but you know me, sucker for anything new lol....if not just for the hell of it to see ;)