Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Feedback on HP3805 Heat Press?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-02-2016, 11:59 PM
  2. ST 3042 3d heat press keeps tripping electrics
    By tonytnd in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 05:43 PM
  3. bms hp3805 press
    By 59viper in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 10:03 AM
  4. Heat Press Tripping
    By Karen. in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-02-2015, 03:56 PM
  5. Mains generator ..
    By Volusian in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-08-2013, 11:23 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hp3805 40 x 50 Heat Press tripping mains (Great Britain)

Hi all firstly thanks for looking at my post.

So i bought a HP 3805 40cm x 50cm swivel heat press from Digital Transfer Supplies. Took delivery Tuesday afternoon un boxed it checked for damage all looks good, Plugged it in at wall socket and then switched heat press power button on. The LCD display lite up for like 2 seconds and it tripped the ring main breaker and the RCD breaker, now it noticed the LCD looked like it said 400c which i thought was way high but im a newbie so i could be wrong, 400F i could understand. So i think its getting dark ill try again tomorrow while its day time. So today after looking at forums on here and another well know T-shirt forum people said make sure everything else on the ring main your using is switched off so i turn everything else off. I press reset breaker button on the heat press then I turn wall socket on then the heat press power button on and in again like 2 seconds it trips the NSB-32 ring main breaker and the 80A 30m/A WRS80/2 RCD breaker. Reset everything try again and this time nothing so i change the heat press 13A plug fuse thinking may be that,s blown, and this time heat press power button is in off position and as soon as i switch wall socket on it trips the two breakers again, the heat press power button was not even turned on.

HP 3805 Tech Details paper work says
    Voltage 110v/220v
    Power 1.4kW/1.7kW
    max temp 245C/ 475 F

Sticker on heat press says
    Frequency 50/60Hz
    Voltage 220v/240v
    Power 1.7kW
    Current 10A

So any one had any issues like this that has resolved them please give me some knowledge and advice please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best to contact your supplier. They should test these prior to despatch but it sounds like the supplier needs to have a look at it. If it is the red machine on their website then it looks like a HP3805 but there are many suppliers from the Far East offering a product that looks very similar to that machine. I'm sure a phone call in the morning to you supplier will get you sorted out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for your quick response, Yes it is the red HP3805 i have emailed them so if i dont hear back by lunch time ill call them. A friend who,s a sparky said easiest way to check is take it to someone else,s house try it and if it trips there breakers its probably that the press has a current leakage problem or some other issue but that at least that way ill know if its the press that has a fault or that my flat electrics has a fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1234 View Post
    Hi thanks for your quick response, Yes it is the red HP3805 i have emailed them so if i dont hear back by lunch time ill call them. A friend who,s a sparky said easiest way to check is take it to someone else,s house try it and if it trips there breakers its probably that the press has a current leakage problem or some other issue but that at least that way ill know if its the press that has a fault or that my flat electrics has a fault.
    Plug a kettle into the same plug and she what happens - a quick boil kettle is 3kw, a standard kettle is around 1.7kw I believe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the sort of thing that you can change the lead on it? Where you say:

this time heat press power button is in off position and as soon as i switch wall socket on it trips the two breakers again, the heat press power button was not even turned on

makes it sound like its a lead problem, rather than anything in the appliance. If it runs on a normal IEC (Kettle) lead, then swap it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so i plugged a 3kw kettle into that socket outlet and it didnt trip breakers when i boiled it, so i now know ring mains ok. how it passed electrical check in factory is beyond me. Just waiting for a reply now from Digital Transfer Supplies to see what they say. Thanks for your replies guess
    Last edited by dean1234; 25-03-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Likely the Chinese factory doesn't have very rigorous QC.
    The UK importer is responsible for making sure what they're importing/reselling is of a good and safe quality, fit for purpose and meets any applicable regulations - ie - they should be the ones opening up and checking that the wiring is good, so definitely one to follow up with them, and if they don't seem to be co-operative, or even if they don't seem concerned, or to care enough, then a call to trading standards could be in order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they can not even calculate the power usage correctly then you wonder about the press

Sticker on heat press says
    Frequency 50/60Hz
    Voltage 220v/240v
    Power 1.7kW
    Current 10A

10 * 220 = 2.2Kw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.