Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickpro Artwrap

Nothing to do with sublimation but thought this may be of interest.

I bought a pack of these the other day out of curiosity. Just a piece of cardboard but the result is very rigid, very good corners and quick to produce. Several sizes available but I hope larger ones will come along later. Price for 12" square is less than £5 inc canvas & ink , a backing board is available but at £1.80 each it is far cheaper to cut from mountboard. Cut size is 406mm square so this can be produced by a 17" printer.

https://www.my-accessories.co.uk/catshow/Artwrap___Canvas/Photo_Canvas.html

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i tried them but they feel cheap and tacky much better off with proper stretchers. There also is a plastic foldable version but again dont feel nice when hanging

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have been around for a few years...something similar on show at Printwear & Promo show recently. To be honest I reckon it's for the 'want it cheap....don't care if it is crap' brigade. You cant beat proper canvas and stretcher frames. It will cost more but looks better, lasts longer and is of course....quality.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully agree but will be putting some on display to see what happens. You would not be able to tell they were card until lifted off the wall, at that point I would probably say "this is crap" but a lot of people buy rubbish from The Range etc and these are not much worse !. Hahnemuhle have a similar system which costs twice as much but in fairness does use real wood...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look OK for display, and they do look like a lot less hassle than putting wooden ones together! hate doing them....
    Although a 12x12 frame in 38mm strechers is less than £2 with canvas/ink less than £4 all in!
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may add a bag of sand to improve the perception of quality.... I think this happened when Trevor Bayliss was testing the wind up radio in South Africa, the biggest criticism seemed to be it was too light. The big appeal for me is getting a 12" bar with full wrap from a 17" printer. I did detail in another post a method for stretching without using pliers purely to maximise my bar size. No money or space for a larger printer. The card system gets round that by only having to secure the outer 5mm or so with staples.