Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Galaxy Tab 2 cases
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 01:17 PM
  2. Galaxy Cooling Jig
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 05:21 PM
  3. Galaxy S
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
  4. Sold Galaxy S3 cases X24
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-07-2012, 11:17 AM
  5. Sold Galaxy S3 cases
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The handle is not that hot to need gloves but the rest is so don't touch the body of the mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nikki,

It could be that your press is actually in fahrenheit rather than celsius.
    When you set up the times/temps for the press check how high you can set the temperature. My celsius press will only go to 220, whereas the fahrenheit press goes passed 400. Also, when starting from cold the celsius one says about 20, the fahrenheit one about 70.

Skye

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Skye

It's definitely Celsius as it only goes up to 200.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Can I ask a question? The setting you use of 200 for 160 seconds, do you warm the whole mug first or just the base? It takes a long time to get back up to 200 degrees so do I need to add that amount of time to the 160 seconds?

Thanks
    Nikki

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfos View Post
    Hi

Can I ask a question? The setting you use of 200 for 160 seconds, do you warm the whole mug first or just the base? It takes a long time to get back up to 200 degrees so do I need to add that amount of time to the 160 seconds?

Thanks
    Nikki
    According to the Instruction Manual for the GS202 (Not the 201 like yours): http://www.lopo-sublimation.com/uplo...1_03122656.pdf
    If you read nº4 (recommended temp. and time settings) it says:
    Use 180ºC for light colours + 15-20 seconds

Use 190ºC for dark colours + 30-40 seconds

This is probably because it's including the time it takes to warm up the mug, though I cannot say for sure.

Since the the Instruction Manual for the GS-201 http://www.lopo-sublimation.com/uplo...1_03112006.pdf
    does not show the recommended temp. and time settings, perhaps you may want to try what the GS-202 says.

So, from what I understand from reading the instructions, the countdown only starts after the the mug has reached your desired temp (200ºC) so you only need to give it another 15-20 sec for light colours or 30-40 sec. for dark colours

How long does it take to warm the mug up to 200ºC?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfos View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    Nikki
    on mine i set an idle temperature at 150deg C, put the mug in and close the press will coold down as the mug is colder, then as it gets to 180c the counter counts down from 180seconds. All in all never had an issue using this method, so count down from 180- ONCE THE MUG IS AT TEMP> :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again

Anyone with the GS 201, have you had any problems with the black screw on the left where you adjust the pressure. My first one broke and now I have another, every time I adjust the pressure, the black screw also unscrews and then falls out!

Also has anyone tried changing mug mat? I bought a 6oz one as recommended by Signzworld to do aluminium bottles, it wasn't easy to get on and even with the pressure at the lowest, the clamp will nowhere near close (only gets about half way)!

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the GS201 and am assuming you are talking about the black hex head screw on the back bar where the heat elements secures to? If so yes mine loosens every now and then (going to get some thread lock to help secure it). Was mentioned to me by the supplier here in Oz that is a bit of an issue and to keep an eye on it. Apparently they are working with the manufacturer to put a metal bracket or the like in to stop this from happening.

As as for the heating element I only have the 11oz one as yet as they are waiting on the smaller ones to come from o/seas.

Bj.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Time and temperature settings always confuses me because for example this machine will start the timer right after you close the lever as far as i know, some machines will start the timer after they reach the target temperature you set. So it is unclear what 200 seconds really mean for other users. I hope galaxy changed that and it will start the timer after it reached your programmed temperature.