Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Galaxy Tab 2 cases
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 01:17 PM
  2. Galaxy Cooling Jig
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 05:21 PM
  3. Galaxy S
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
  4. Sold Galaxy S3 cases X24
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-07-2012, 11:17 AM
  5. Sold Galaxy S3 cases
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as with all new machines....trial n error prevails here - as expected

wasted about 6 new mugs to get time/temp set so blacks come out jet black, and full top to bottom coverage...
    sorted..

that was a far cry from when we first started out.....2 cases of 36 mugs later lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so...
    to conclude .....

this machine heats up a hell of a lot more the the DF1 ever did, even when new...seriously hot !
    100% full top to bottom print coverage if you need it - every time

so, can anyone please tell me why anyone has to spend another £125 for the pro version here ?

apart from a few cosmetic looks/add ons, and the ability to set idle times, i really dont see the point in spending the extra cash

the gs201 works the same as as the pro one, close the handle, it starts counting down automatically - beeps at end of time as all do....job done - £125 saved

yeh, i was gonna get coralgraphs pneumatic one, but seen this and thought, lets see what all the ho has is with these dam galaxy machines

EDIT....
    also this mug press has tremendous pressure...broke the handle off 2 mugs till i got the right pressure....
    Last edited by bigj2552; 07-04-2016 at 03:57 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bigj2552 For This Useful Post:

Quinsfan (07-04-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always looking for a good review for mug presses and this Galaxy seems a good buy. I have a Jarin press at the moment and it took 8 mugs to print 4 decent ones. Have always done 300 secs at 180 no probs and now faded middle then bottom and finally top. Faded in different areas on each mug!!! In the end i had the bottom part of the mug in the press for 1 1/2 mins to warm it up to take the print, and then I have to make sure the mug is exactly in the right place of the press or it will not print the top properly.
    I may go back to my halogen oven that is under the desk as I never had an undercook/pressure issue just overcooked sometimes when i forgot to start the timer.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I am always looking for a good review for mug presses and this Galaxy seems a good buy. I have a Jarin press at the moment and it took 8 mugs to print 4 decent ones. Have always done 300 secs at 180 no probs and now faded middle then bottom and finally top. Faded in different areas on each mug!!! In the end i had the bottom part of the mug in the press for 1 1/2 mins to warm it up to take the print, and then I have to make sure the mug is exactly in the right place of the press or it will not print the top properly.
    I may go back to my halogen oven that is under the desk as I never had an undercook/pressure issue just overcooked sometimes when i forgot to start the timer.

hi bud.
    we always pre-heat bottom of all mugs in press for about 1/2 mins....
    that way you are guaranteed not to get any fading around bottom of mug...even mugs at room temp, we pre-heat the bottoms ;)
    Last edited by bigj2552; 07-04-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I ask what you found to be the best heat setting and time to work? I've received mine today and without wasting anymore mugs I thought easier to ask you.
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kellieW View Post
    Can I ask what you found to be the best heat setting and time to work? I've received mine today and without wasting anymore mugs I thought easier to ask you.
    thanks
    hiya..sure ;)
    but be aware, not everyone has the same set up in sublimation....
    just because you have same machine, dont mean you will have the same settings.....

no 2 machines are the same coming out any factory...regardless of the pre-set settings...and a lot is still trial n error, and other factors come into play...where you bought your mugs, how cold are they when you stick em in the machine, sub paper used, inks used, what you do with mugs after the heat process is finished...i could go on, but you get where i,m coming from here ;)

our settings for the galaxy gs-201 mug press >
    200c @ 160 sec...there is no idle setting on this wee machine, like the newer model

example - longforte was selling this pro machine, and his settings were >
    "use a temperature and time setting of 240 degrees Celsius and 60 seconds for best results" they said...
    http://www.longforte.com/galaxy-pro-11oz-mug-heat-press

the best thing i say to all newbies to this game ( as i was one myself 5 yr ago - and always learning ) get your machine, buy a case of mugs ( 36 ) pkt sub paper, inks etc....plenty coffee or tea on, swear box next to you ( you will make a fortune ) and a note pad...start off with the temps / times i gave you, then adjust in increments of 10 up/down and you will get it right...yes, you will maybe waste half case of mugs,maybe even a full case...but they only £30, but you will get the result you need ;)
    remember and take note of every time / temp change.....start changing the times first....then when you getting better result, fine tweak with temps ....everyone has there own way of doing this game, and others may tell you different....but we done all right this way - trust me, i,m a lawyer ( no i,m not, but hell it sounds good )
    Last edited by bigj2552; 08-04-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply - I had already done before seeing what you had suggested. Got a box of mugs, a glass of wine (maybe bottle) and spent the night practising with temp and times. I found my perfect setting to be similar to yours at 200/150 sec on a warmed mug. Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review, bigj2552.

Alas I've had this mug press GS-201 for a week and it's terrible. Here's the bad points:

• Cold spots 2cm at each end.
    • Uneven pressure (I'm using 10oz double layer mugs). Close it to breaking point and I can still slide paper along the sides.
    • Heat platen lead is dangerously short and very tight when you apply pressure onto a mug.

I'm not sure if I've received a faulty machine from SignzWorld or if I'm asking too much for a press at £115. This is my first press so looking to either get a working one or upgrade to the PRO version?
    Last edited by Jerry; 20-05-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Great review, bigj2552.

Alas I've had this mug press GS-201 for a week and it's terrible. Here's the bad points:

• Cold spots 2cm at each end.
    • Uneven pressure (I'm using 10oz double layer mugs). Close it to breaking point and I can still slide paper along the sides.
    • Heat platen lead is dangerously short and very tight when you apply pressure onto a mug.

I'm not sure if I've received a faulty machine from SignzWorld or if I'm asking too much for a press at £115. This is my first press so looking to either get a working one or upgrade to the PRO version?

you dont need the pro version m8....trust me, most if it is just cosmetic/eye candy upgrades

you def got one that aint working right....our wee one is working superb here....as you seen in other threads, we get full top/bottom prints every single time.

• pressure - ours is that strong/tight, i broke 3/4 handle of 10oz mugs before i got it just right
    • cold spots - none yet - we put 10oz mug bang on in the center every time we cook
    • platen lead - it is a tad short-ish, but not overly stretched when cooking mugs/handle is closed

hang fire till later tonight/tomorrow, when i get time....i will make a vid of this one and let you see what it like / settings wise etc

whats your settings for your machine = time/temp/pressure please ? also paper/ink used ?
    Last edited by bigj2552; 20-05-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So between the 201 and pro 202. Which one will let you start at 180 degrees without messing around with idle temperatures? Do any of them beep constantly until you insert a new mug?