Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Personalised Pencils
    By liannef in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-08-2015, 11:33 PM
  2. Does Personalised Websites make profits ??..Ebay or own Website ??
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-02-2015, 12:02 PM
  3. For Sale heatpress and sublimation items plus vinyl items
    By fredster in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:01 AM
  4. Ebay Listings
    By accdave in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay listings for personalised items??

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I would go about adding a form to an auction listing for the customer to add their personalisation details?

Here's an example I found that I like the look of and to give you an idea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2818802602...3AMEBIDX%3AIT#

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are using a 'contact us' style form in the listing details. Simple enough to do, by anyone who knows a little about coding.

The idea is that people order, then complete that form to get the details.

If you read in the listing, it says:
    "Once you have ordered and paid for your print, simply complete the personalising form below or message us with the details you require - remember we need to know the NAMEand the SHIRT NUMBER and TEAM SHIRT you require."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a couple of listings where they link to an external webpage with a form to capture details, they include a Username Name, or eBay Transaction ID box to create reference between both

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys, I didn't think you were allowed link to external pages off of a listing?

Ebay say this

• Email addresses, regardless of whether they are clickable
    • Links that open an email client or web form

So could I link to a form on my website, like these

http://www.ourprettyhouse.co.uk/ebayform.html

http://www.gifts2suit.com/gifts2suit...ised_gifts.php

or would I just have to tell the buyer to email me their details in the actual listing?

I'm just looking for a simple solution that is relatively idiot proof for the buyer, ideally I would host a form on my website and let them use that, and perhaps browse the site and shop that way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to be able to link to external site as long as customer wasn't able to purchase on it

essentially you link to a completely separate page of your site, however if customer clever enough to seperate out your url then we'll done

something like www.yoursite.com/ebayorders but don't put links on it to webpage

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like the easiest option, I shall give it a go. Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    er..before you go to all the bother , i would read these 2 wee bits of info first ;)

http://tamebay.com/2016/04/ebay-sell...summaries.html

http://tamebay.com/2016/04/ebay-sell...d-by-2017.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That appears to be about theming and mobile responsiveness, both will just improve user experience and like it says stop the heavy resource pages that a lot of companies use on mobiles

a simple html link to a form for personalisation should be fine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteO View Post
    That appears to be about theming and mobile responsiveness, both will just improve user experience and like it says stop the heavy resource pages that a lot of companies use on mobiles

a simple html link to a form for personalisation should be fine

point is....the ebay app is pants anyway, so how are punters gonna click on a link to get personalisation done, ( and thats if it even shows on the app ) when they cant even click on the dam description button to read what the product is about... ?
    another way to get a nice orange blob on ones acc

good luck with it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the eBay app displays fine for descriptions written in ebays native but very limited description builder, it's the heavily customised pages that link to external stylesheets/files that tend to cause the chaos. having said that larger companies likes Argos sell on eBay efficiently with custom pages and yet display fine on the mobile app, but we all know anything is possible if you have money to burn

What they are proposing is two description boxes one fancy (desktop etc) one basic (mobile app based) a html text link is almost no different to any normal text so as long as the app supports hyperlinks it should be fine, I gues we would have to see developer notes (they may have already released them) for this update to be sure

if they do remove hyperlink support in mobile app then the only option would be to have people enter details on the checkout page, or send messages via eBay messenger, they accept attachments (unsure format/size limitations) so receiving files should be possible, but you enter the realm of relying on the customer completing a second stage to the sale to complete the process

i guess that's why so many listings show things like ''message me with colours else a random selection will be sent' etc however eBay have become so protective of the buyer these days that I'm sure even that won't be accepted much longer if he buyer disputes what they receieve

get a decent website set up, and make sure you spam every buyer on eBay with your details, business cards, freebies in orders, discounts by coming direct, you might have to take the hit on limited descriptions and applications the first time someone buys, but can make the repeat buying experience as easy as possible so people come to you not eBay the second time, this becomes even more true with your other post about fees increasjng across the pond, better to be prepared for the price increase then try and counteract it once it's arrived