Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheep Chinese Heat Press Vs Quality Branded Heat press
    By Ravisteam in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
  2. Heat press & mug press bundles - advice needed
    By Kubicixfactor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
  3. New ST-210 double mug press
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 02:21 PM
  4. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  5. Big Double Press
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:47 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow - a double heat press!!!

I thought these didn't exist. The amount of times we wished we didn't have to line up, tape a mouse mat or coaster to paper and turn it over for pressing. Always a possibility the thing moves. With a heat plate on the bottom then you could have your artwork face up, still stick the item down (or in jig) and then move paper still face up into press. Or am I missing something?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38x38cm-DO...MAAOSwdsFUP95-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't fancy trying to align items directly onto the hot plate. Good for double sided items on subli blanks or double sided prints on Tees but fiddly to work on directly if that is what you mean.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are a relatively new thing and I did think of getting one in for a couple of projects, but decided against it in the end as I think they are a bit of a fad.

You would not want to press things as you describe, as soon as the printed sheet hits the platen the ink will start to turn into a gas and start to "move"

I would suggest you are either being too fussy/too close to the edges or you need to tape it more securely if you are getting movement.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are tempted but only for items that we need to use jigs for (custom made to our spec). As we do a lot of coasters then we have jigs which means you lie paper down, jig goes on top and then you can move jig to see design through holes before putting coasters in. You then use only a little tape to fix paper to back of jig, place back of jig on, turn the whole thing over and cross fingers the coasters don't fall out at the front as paper creates a slight gap. With a double press (only need bottom plate on) then you just need to lift paper with jig on top onto heat plate and close without needing to turn it over. We shall mull it over.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I am confused, but that is me being a bit thick, not you :-)

As a thought though, if you have a heavy duty jig made in metal at about 3mm thick. Place that on the platen and then place your coasters in the pre cut holes in the jig. Then simply place the printed sheet face down on top of the coasters. Would that work?

You could always try the sublimation spray adhesive as that would probably hold the paper in place.

I would just be concerned that if you are using the base heated platen the paper would need to be put in place before the jig, this would cause you problems with the ink starting to turn into a gas before you have had a chance to place the blank in position.

Sorry if I am not explaining myself properly, I seem to be all fingers and thumbs this morning and brain is in a spin :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...