Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. horizontal lines help
    By gorgall2 in forum Printers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 15-12-2016, 10:12 AM
  2. Epson 9880 Banding/Horizontal Lines
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 10:59 PM
  3. Lines on prints using SG 7100DN
    By markymark in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 02:32 PM
  4. Help Please! Red lines appearing on mug template - Printer Ricoh SG 3110
    By SilentAlf in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-12-2014, 08:53 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horizontal Lines / Veritcal bars on prints using Ricoh Printer SG7100DN

Hi everyone,

I've just started experiencing horrible issues with any prints that contain colour. They now have white streaks or visible bars running through them. I've tried everything i can think of to resolve this but i'm getting the same result everytime.

I'm using a Ricoh SG7100DN Printer (almost 2 years old) with brand new sublimation inks (Sublijet-R extended cartridges from xpres.) that i only just replaced a few days ago. The issues started occurring just before i swapped the cartridges and prior to that has only ever occurred occasionally, was temporary and never this severe.

The horizontal lines seems to occur the most on prints using colour ink (most noticeable on blue inks) but the bars (which run vertically down the whole page on every colour are perfectly uni-formal and spaced about 5mm apart. I have attached pictures to show this.

I have tried, flushing the head and cleaning the heads multiple times, paper feed adjustment, nozzle check, de-condensation, adjusting the head position (which made a slight difference i think but still shows lines), changing the paper type from plain to inkjet paper, selecting different print qualities on the printer preferences, uni-directional printing enabled and disabled, putting the old cartridges back in, replacing the waste tank, leaving the printer off for a day, leaving it on but nothing using it for a day but nothing has resolved the issue. It's horrible as i can't sublimate anything with these lines as they transfer to the substrate. All tests on the printer check out fine, nozzle check and head adjustment seems fine yet as soon as i print anything with colours in it the problem shows up. Black prints without any lines or marks.

Hope you can help. I'm desperate.

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our recent post on this should help resolve it:
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...t-and-dithered

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Our recent post on this should help resolve it:
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...t-and-dithered
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've given it a clean with a lint free cloth as instructed and printed another test page. It seems a little clearer but there is still quite noticeable stripes on the print outs sadly. I have attach the ricoh test print page and also the piece i'm trying to print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is no doubt the same issue and read my post further which says that I suggest you take the top cover off and use some alcohol fluid on lint free cloth to wipe fully a few times from side to side. Initially we only wiped gently using a cloth and the problem got better and then worse again until we really cleaned it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh ok, that's interesting. I did exactly the same, just with the cloth. I don't have any alcohol fluid, what exactly is that? Do you know where i might be able to purchase it from? Sorry if it's a silly question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could just try some glass cleaner firstly on a cloth. It is only a plastic strip. The other thing to do is call Sawgrass support.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great, thanks very much. So i've tried tried cleaning it again, this time with the glass cleaner and microfibre cloth and wow, much more dirt was removed this time round. The print does look slightly better but i can still see the lines, especially in the blue shades i can barely see any in the Red, Yellow, Orange and Pink colours. Mostly, Dark Blue, Light Blue and Green.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dunno if you can do this with the printer in question but try soaking some tissue or paper towel in nail poish remver and place on the bed of the printer move the heads over the tissue paper then leave over night the fumes will release any clogs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Have you checked all your alignments? You're paying a hefty premium for your inks so make SG & Xpres work for their money, have you spoken to either yet?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi purpledragon, thanks for the help. It might be a little tricky with this printer, its the Ricoh SG7100DN and the space looks a little tight inside. How would you get the printer heads to move over the tissue paper out of curiosity? Do you mean manually push it? Do you think the banding is linked to a clog in this case? Thanks