Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. horizontal lines help
    By gorgall2 in forum Printers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 15-12-2016, 10:12 AM
  2. Epson 9880 Banding/Horizontal Lines
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 10:59 PM
  3. Lines on prints using SG 7100DN
    By markymark in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 02:32 PM
  4. Help Please! Red lines appearing on mug template - Printer Ricoh SG 3110
    By SilentAlf in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-12-2014, 08:53 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its out of its warranty period unfortunately and so far it has taken Sawgrass 2 days to even respond to my initial request. They only just back to me today asking for me to send information that i had sent in the original email.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, how far out?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i know, super sad times. 08/03/15 :( I feel physically sick that i spent so much money going for a Ricoh SG7100GN over a cheaper alternative because i was led to believe that they were good, reliable machines. I've only had about a years worth of use from it and its as good as useless to me at the moment...shocking. I can't afford to buy a replacement one either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The A3 are an extensive outlay. Do you need A3 or works A4 suffice?

I've been testing an Epson Workforce and 3110 with cheaper inks, might be an option for you but I appreciate it's bloody annoying.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's horrible. I use the A3 printer as i also print on to larger products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The A3 work force is giving good results but is slow. Hopefully we can sort your Ricoh but if not, give me a shout.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin, i really appreciate that. I've spent the last 3 days trying to get thing working and i've wasted so much of the new extended cartridge inks i purchased on test prints.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have had success printing to plain paper (non sub) so that shows the printer is working ok. Do you have sublimation paper available from another manufacturer ?. Can't rule out a paper issue no matter how unlikely and the current paper has been central to all the tests. I understand the frustration when things change overnight, presume this did not coincide with a new batch of paper ?.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    You have had success printing to plain paper (non sub) so that shows the printer is working ok.
    Not necessarily, different papers will give different results, some may show very bad banding, whilst others show none. The Truepix is recommended and used by the majority of owners so shouldn't show these problems. If course, there's always the possibility of a bad batch of paper. I used Xpres economy paper for years but had a few bad batches with a think line running right from top to bottom, didn't show until printed over so first assumption was the printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i must admit i was a little shocked to see the plain paper come out perfect and without banding but i understand what you mean about different papers yielding different results. I've been using this same paper for the last year and never had any issues with it (TruePix Classic), including the most recent batch that i was printing fine with a week ago, i guess there's always the possibility that some of the paper in this batch is bad. Typically, i'm now down to my last 4-5 sheets of sublimation paper due to all the testing and bad prints and won't be able to get any from Xpres until Monday for delivery Tuesday at the earliest. What's frustrating is that, even after everything i have done, it still looks exactly the same, possibly even worse lol