Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ICC for Ricoh SG7100DN with no SUBLIJET
    By kasoaparte in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-03-2014, 10:29 AM
  2. Is the Ricoh SG7100DN starter package for me ?
    By doeflax in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-07-2013, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 12:16 AM
  4. Ricoh GX3300 Vertical Lines when printing
    By hooch57 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vertical dark streaks on one side of page on brand new Ricoh SG7100DN with new inks

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some advice on a printer issue i've been having with a brand new Ricoh SG7100DN and brand new set of Sawgrass inks. Its the second brand new Ricoh that has had this problem and although Sawgrass have been extremely helpful, nothing they have suggested has worked to fix the issue or even improve it slightly.

I'm getting these horrible dark streaky lines (pictured) on one side of my prints. It's in the same spot on a page every time and pretty much runs across the full vertical length of that side of the page and in that area although certain areas aren't as noticeable further up or down.

Half of the page prints perfect and the other always has those same dark streaks no matter what settings or adjustments you make. It's like the paper roller is pressing down way too hard on one side before the ink has time to dry and is causing lines which are impossible to avoid. They show up on everything i sublimate which is a nightmare. Out of desperation i'm printing my mug templates on just one side of the paper (the side without streaks) as i can't afford to stop production.

I have attached a photo of what is possibly the best example of the streaking issue as it's an extremely hard one to capture on a regular camera. I borrowed a professional SLR from a friend to take this photo and i'm so glad i did because it shows you the true scale of the problem.

I have preformed all the usual troubleshooting steps and currently:

The Nozzle check is perfect,
    Print head positions are perfect on all quality settings,
    The paper feed adjustment is perfect,

This is the second brand new Ricoh i have had which has this problem straight out of the box and the streaking area on this printer is in pretty much the exact same spot as it was on the previous printer. Everything is set up correctly as one half of the page prints perfect and the issue occurs on any image you print (i have chosen the orange one as it shows up the clearest). I can't see the streaking on black but i don't know if thats ebcause it's to dark to see.

Another thing to point out is that the streaking although it looks brownish is actually a darker shade of whatever colour was being printed at that moment the streaking occurred. For example, the dark streaks you can see in the image are actually a darker orange and not brown as they appear.

Has anyone come across this problem before? I'm having the worst luck with Ricoh printers. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No picture....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't see the picture? Its in the post for me? I'll post it separately

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you used the same paper in both printers ?. Worth trying a different image, colour etc. Presume a head check comes out clean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using the same brand of paper (Trupix Classic) but a different batch to the one i used on the previous printer. Head check is perfect and this issue occurs on all images and colours except for black, from what i can see anyway. It might just be that the black is too dark to show the lines. As mentioned though, one half of the paper prints perfect. The two images above are side by side on the same page and the image on the right is fine.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I can think to try is changing paper thickness in the driver from standard to thick but clutching at straws really. Perhaps try a sheet of ordinary plain paper as well. To have this issue on two printers is quite odd which almost rules out hardware unless you have been very unlucky.

Change the driver setting to quality priority and untick the quick paper feed in paper tab.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen this many times I had this on a 3110 which ricoh replaced under warranty. Send it back get it replaced they have head issues on a lot of machines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a recent post we started (and resolved) may help:
    http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...t-and-dithered

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for the help guys, as this is the second replacement SG7100DN that has had this issue it doesn't seem like Sawgrass are willing to replace another. Its really unfair to have spent this much money on equipment and to just be left in this predicament by the supplier (Subliblanks). Nothing i do seems to get rid of this nasty issue.