Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3d mini vacuum press
    By ivansmagic in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 06:14 PM
  2. St-1520 3d mini sublimation
    By serec in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 01:15 PM
  3. Vacuum on 3d mini not working !!!!
    By ammemcgxx in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-04-2015, 05:45 PM
  4. Mini 3D Vacuum
    By bms in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
  5. Mini 3d vacuum - 3 dashes
    By wessy83 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor vacuum st-1520 3d mini sublimation repair

Evening all. Due to very poor read on vacuum pressure gauge I've done a little digging and found the rubber membrane has a small hole/tear. The machine is a st-1520 3d mini sublimation machine or equivalent. The hole is only a mill or so and wandered if anyone knows if it can be repaired short term and where to buy a replacement.?? Many thanks

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Buddy ..yes you can repair them short term But for that you need a slicon gum tube (little one u can buy from B & Q ) ..If its a small hole just apply the slicon to cover it ..But if its bigger tear you have to patch it with a another slicon meterial (I use the damaged ones ) ..This worked for me on St3020 and ST2030 so I am sure it should work on ur one too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ravisteam.thanks for the responce. It's a tiny hole. The only way I found it was to suck on the nozzle and it opened slightly and was about 1mm long and hair line thick. I sucked the nozzle and it started to vacuum then put and finger on the hole and it sicked right in . Will go to b and q to get a tube tomorrow and give it a try. Where do you get your spares from as I'm struggling to find one?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by De8n View Post
    Hi ravisteam.thanks for the responce. It's a tiny hole. The only way I found it was to suck on the nozzle and it opened slightly and was about 1mm long and hair line thick. I sucked the nozzle and it started to vacuum then put and finger on the hole and it sicked right in . Will go to b and q to get a tube tomorrow and give it a try. Where do you get your spares from as I'm struggling to find one?
    Silicon tube will do the job ..Always keep few spare ones as these get burst all the time ..I dont have your model but I can order few for you if you want ..Might take about 10 days tho ....Ill let u know soon ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Ravi. Yea if you could give me a roughy idea on costing please ��. I've hit google in search of silicon gum as per your first responce but can't find anything. Is it just ordinary house hold sealant I'm looking for ? Wasn't sure as didn't think it was heat proof.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you use a cycle inner tube repair kit ?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a slicon tube from B&Q just a small tube size of a toothpaste. ..it's transparent slicon gum...only £3. Something. .after apply it u need to keep it over 12 hrs to dry .....I am not sure about cycle tubr repair gum ...slicon is heat proof anyway. ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ravi. I'll head to b and q this morning and get a tube . Suppose it will always come in handy if it happens again too :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cost of thode sheets ?? I was going to do a order and and if they have them I can order it for you ....they are about £5 -10 .....also u can check on ebay I saw those selling for £15 ....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what's it's called to look on eBay so any idea what they would be listed as Ravi?? I've been into B&Q and can't find anything called silicon gun. I explained what I wanted to the guy who worked there and he said a Evo stick serious glue should do the trick. It sticks to rubber and says a thick layer will fill gaps and form a flexible bond