Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. colour problems
    By wolfie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 10:45 AM
  2. what colour gives you the most problems
    By purpledragon in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2013, 04:19 PM
  3. what colour gives you the most problems
    By purpledragon in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 07:33 PM
  4. Colour Problems Again
    By Tania in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  5. Colour Problems
    By Tania in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colour Problems

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour Problems

Hey guys

I have bought Euroink sublimation Inks.

I am using an epson stylus DX4050. When i am doing the prints there is no problem and the quality is perfict BUT i am having trouble with blue when i print it, it is coming out a liluc (purply) colour.

I have done all the settings and all the profiles correctly. Any advice

Thanks

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Colour Problems

Have the suppliers of this ink provided you with a profile for the DX4050 printer? Neither the printer nor the inks are the standard sublimation inks or supported by the sublimation distributors, but I would guess that it is the profile that is the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks martin. So if i get a custom profile you think this would solve the problem? Is there any companies that i could print out there test page and scan them or do all the companies requier me to send it to the,. If so can you recomend anyone that dose it in a fast turn arround.

Thanks

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some companies that will profile for you. I think Paul, forum moderator, has had a profile custom made. I don't know anything about the inks you're using - have you contacted them for a profile or assistance in getting the colours correct? Having just had a quick look on their website they advertise sublimation ink for the wide format printers and so I'd guess they won't have a profile for the small format (A3/ A4) printers.

You probably can get a profile made, but I don't think this will necessarily be straightforward as you want a profile made to match the screen colours to the colours once printed onto the substrate, not onto paper (there is the intervening process of sublimation adding to the complexity). You may have to spend a bit of time getting this to print as you want it. Keep us all informed of your progress though please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hi Craig! I had custome IC made for myself few months back. very good it was. it costed me 25-30 pounds but was well worth it as my printer that time was't supported by sawgrass (ink supplier) so i end up with DIY ICC. was very good and I am using it still.
    All you need to do is:
    switch ALL color menagment in your software and printer driver. Print color chart supplied by person who will calibrate yor printer on transfer paper. Then press it on whatever you want your profile for. I used piece of white sublimation t-shirt. sent it out and couple of days latter had my ICC via email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    All you need to do is:
    switch ALL color menagment in your software and printer driver. Print color chart supplied by person who will calibrate yor printer on transfer paper. Then press it on whatever you want your profile for. I used piece of white sublimation t-shirt. sent it out and couple of days latter had my ICC via email.
    Ahh right ok i never knew i had to send a sublimated item ok. So what company did you use? was you having the same problems as me?

Thanks Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It was not a problem. I just had a printer with 5 inks in it and could not print as ICC for this model did not existed. si made ICC with settings for my printer and now all colors look alright :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok have you got a website for the people you used paul?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

no. they have't web site. I dont think this is a business person. I contact him 2morrow and ask if hi can elp. I am after new ICC for my standard inks so we may have a good deal :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh right.

Well i just went into paint and used the LIGHT blue and it printed out in dark blue. But dark blue prints purple this is sooo confusing