Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Problem with colours when printing
    By Big Dave in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-11-2016, 11:07 PM
  2. New SG800 printer not printing colours correctly
    By markymark in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-11-2016, 02:57 PM
  3. Re:Epson SX130 colours not printing properly
    By gwsubs in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-12-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. Dull colours while printing solved!
    By Jennym in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two of the same printers are printing different colours!

I've recently bought a new printer from CityInk, because the other one I bought sadly has banding issues. However, now I have a new problem; the new printer is printing different colour prints to the old one (that was spot on with its colouring).

The ICC profile settings, paper and ink brand are all the same, and I haven't changed the temperature or timing of the presses. I'm thinking the only difference could be that CityInk has changed its inks since the original one was purchased, and that maybe this is why the colours look different?

This is really frustrating, because the prints look too yellow. I can't seem to catch a break lately, first I bought a printer that bands, then a faulty batch of mugs, and now this.

Is there anything that I can do about this? If anyone can help me, I would be eternally grateful!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City ink get inks from china they do not contol how these are made and i do know they rece tly changed their chinese supplier. You can get decent inks just as cheap elsewhere look about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mags1892 View Post
    City ink get inks from china they do not contol how these are made and i do know they rece tly changed their chinese supplier. You can get decent inks just as cheap elsewhere look about

Hi Mags,

Thanks for the reply.

It's really frustrating. The last one I had printed the colours nicely, but was banding. The new one's printing yellow tones throughout the colours. I've been told it's down to the colour profile, but I'm using the same profile that I used with the old printer (I only downloaded that profile about a month ago). Regardless, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again, following the instructions, but still the colours have yellow tones in them.

I'm at the point now that I could cry. I've spent a good month trying to sort out the two printers. First the old one's banding, now the new one's colour problem.

I've just printed a mug using a different profile (using their paper that came with the new printer, instead of the Trupix paper, just to see if it is the profile or not. So I'll see when the paper comes off the mug).

You say the inks are from China Mags? On their website it says they are from Europe .

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a blatent lie . I know theyre chinese all their inks inc pigment and dye are from china. Although if you buy from a china agent in belgium ypu can get away with saying sourced from europe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a blatent lie . I know theyre chinese all their inks inc pigment and dye are from china. Although if you buy from a china agent in belgium ypu can get away with saying sourced from europe.

I don't understand, because other people on the forum have bought the same model printers from CityInk and have had good results. I was recommended this printer, and advised that Fotorite ink gets good results. I just can't understand why the prints are turning out overly yellow (and there's still some banding with the new printer). I appreciate that I could tone the yellow tones of the actual images down, in a photoeditor, to try to help with the issue, but to do this for every image would be such a lot of work. Too much work.

I've tried changing the ICC profile for a different one (using their own paper) but this hasn't helped .

Really stressed right now!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a group on facebook and find the opposite most change infact fotorite is more expensive then some genuinely great inks like inktec and others from europe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a group on facebook and find the opposite most change infact fotorite is more expensive then some genuinely great inks like inktec and others from europe.

Thanks for that Mags, but as the ink is already in the printer, would it not cause problems to change inks at this point? Do you use the Inktec inks yourself? Do they get good long lasting results? And where is best to buy them from?

Thanks for replying Mags, I really appreciate it .

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    City Ink used to sell Inktec - are they no longer?

I would add that each indivdual printer will print a little differently, so you should get a new profile, and not rely on the one you had made for the last one.

I would recommend InkTec inks - we've used them for years, and always been happy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use Inktec inks and happy to recommend them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    City Ink used to sell Inktec - are they no longer?

I would add that each indivdual printer will print a little differently, so you should get a new profile, and not rely on the one you had made for the last one.

I would recommend InkTec inks - we've used them for years, and always been happy.
    Because I've already got Fotorite inks in my printer, will it be okay to change now though?
    Can it damage the printer to change inks, once it has already had a different type of ink running through it?
    Will I have to flush the printer?