Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ricoh error codes
    By ivansmagic in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 09:20 PM
  2. QR codes
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought a Ricoh SG3110DN a couple of months ago and purchased compatible inks. What a waste of time. I kept getting the 20230 error and a message telling me to contact support. Sometimes the printer switched on and other times it didn't. When I did manage to get it working spent more time flushing heads than anything so I ditched it. Not sure if it was the ink. When it worked it was great but the magenta was forever clogging. I too couldn't find any help. You can only get into the menu if the printer starts and is on 'ready'
    That was undoubtedly the ink, very very unusual for a Ricoh with Sawgrass ink to "play up" I know Weston had problems which is unfortunate and appears to be a combination of being sold short life span inks and then having an issue after the ink had expired. Poor show on the supplier and Sawgrass to be honest. But in general they are excellent dye sub printers when combined with SG ink. And they darn well should be at the price :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies, I had contacted the guys that I bought the printer from and as it was outside the one month warranty that they sell it with they offered no assistance and recommended contacting Ricoh directly which had already been suggested on here.
    I had also contacted Conde and they did offer advice that both codes relate to the capping station, apparently to do the refillable ink cartridges. so tweaked around and got over the hurdle for now, have ordered more ink and replacement ink cartridges.
    So if anyone comes on to this forum with similar code issues this can at the very least give some guidance.

Many thanks for all your assistance.

Cheers

HF

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffman Fisher For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (20-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Hoffman Fisher, can you elaborate on the tweaking around that got you running. Did the carts respond to a little wiggle for the sensors to be picked up correctly?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, also put in code for extending the life of the maintenance tank which was brand new, then powered down for half an hour and when i switched on it ran through a maintenance cycle and started to print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Yes was in response to the wiggle for the sensors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffman Fisher For This Useful Post:

Adrian B (20-12-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hoffman Fisher for coming back with the outcome - as you say, likely helpful for many others in a similar predicament.

Very unusual to hear of a one month warranty on a ne piece of kit!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from reading the original post it seems that this printer was sold with a different brand ink with refill carts. These inks are not usually suitable for these printers as the ink required is a different viscosity of ink. The refillable inks tend to block the heads and cause the issues you are having. Ricoh do not cover the warranty if sublimation ink is used in the machine but if you had purchased from a recognised Sawgrass dealer I believe Sawgrass cover the warranty.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.