Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted Wide format sublimation printer
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-06-2016, 11:14 PM
  2. Printing wide format Epson sublimation?
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-02-2016, 05:00 PM
  3. Mimaki JV3-130 SP2 Wide Format Printer + Cold Laminator
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-07-2015, 11:16 AM
  4. Potential Sale of Epson Stylus Pro 7600 (sublimation printer)
    By pisquee in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-09-2014, 01:38 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

epson 7600 as a wide format sub printer

Hi guys I am looking for a wide format sublimation printer ...is epson 7600 a good option ?.is knw few ppl use it in the forum ..or else what are the other options for cheaper used Epson I can use as a sprinter. ??...is there rip to use with these printers ??..is there 44" sublimation paper rolls ??please help .thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    7600 makes a superb Subli printer. No need for a rip.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    7600 is a 24" wide printer, the 9600 is the 44" model (exactly the same printer in every other respect)
    We have two 9600s - one with pigment ink for art prints, and the other with sublimation ink in it.
    Although depending on the quality settings, they can be a bit slow, the quality is superb. Be careful though, as they are old machines - try and find one which hasn't been used much.
    Yes, you can get sublimation paper rolls in all manner of sizes, and works out so much cheaper than cut sheets.
    The Epson printers work very well just with their printer driver, and can be made to work with Windows up to and including 10. No need for a RIP, Photoshop and ICC profiles is all you need.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7600 was a great machine and handy being without light light black which isnt easiest to get hold of. Be aware the parts are hard to come by as its been obsolete many years now and they dont make pump cap assemblies for these any longer. You can get them from china but these are remanufactured parts so you takes a chance. slow machines but pretty reliable. Im a qualified Epson engineer and Dealer i also refurbish machines but all i have in stock is a 7890 which is probably too new for you and needs light light black ink.

Ken

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mags, would you be interested in taking a couple of 7600s off our hands would you? one was printing with perfect nozzle check but dropping splashes of ink, the other was doing the same til I tried manually cleaning the heads and wiper etc, and obviously was a bit too rough and knocked something I shouldn't, and now have an error code showing.
    Figured they may be worth something to someone who knows how to fix them?