Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Colour issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2016, 09:31 PM
  2. Dye Sublimation Colour Issues
    By Brookelm in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 07:31 PM
  3. For Sale Colour Changing Mugs
    By edwardsmedia in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-01-2013, 12:20 AM
  4. Colour changing mugs
    By quasar in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-09-2012, 03:54 PM
  5. mugs colour seepage
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 04:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour issues with mugs

Hi guys
    This has probably been covered somewhere in the forum but I can't find the relevant thread.
    I'm using Photoshop cc on a Mac – graphics created in Illustrator, saved as jpegs and opened in PS.
    Printing on Sawgrass SG400 (inks are fine, RICOH sublimation paper).
    I've done the colour settings in PS exactly as instructed, used the correct profiles and the heat and time on the mug press as instructed (240 seconds at 190 - 200º).
    Problem is my greys are coming out with a greeny brown tint, whereas they're supposed to be blue-grey.

The suppliers printed a sample for me on the same printer but from a PC and the greys were much more accurate (though they'd increased the saturation overall, so some of the detail (subtle gradients) in the graphics was lost. They also old me to wrap a piece of bond paper round the mug before putting it into the element, though no one else seems to do this?
    Was also told to select the "high quality photo" profile, even though they're graphics, not photos – and there is a graphics option.
    (Just did one with the graphics option, leaving off the wraparound paper and it made no difference).

I'm really not sure where to adjust the settings to get more accurate greys. Can't keep wasting mugs as they're hellishly expensive here (12oz cone), so does anyone have a solution for me that doesn't involve adjusting the colours in every design?

Quite comfortable adjusting colours in cmyk but I'm new to sub printing.

Also, the edges of the type are not as sharp as they should be – is this to do with length of time in the press plus the heat setting? Most posts I've seen recommend 180 secs at 180, compared to my 240 secs at 190/200.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar problem with a ricoh printer.

What we found was using the time at 130 Seconds and temp 170 degrees, We also selected paper type as plain and print setting as standard paper and quality as high quality and it solved all our problems.

Hope this helps