Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. is there much difference in machines?
    By logobear in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-01-2017, 05:57 PM
  2. Franking Machines who use?
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 23-10-2016, 11:13 PM
  3. 3D Machines on Fleebay
    By Inset in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 03:32 PM
  4. 3D machines and their uses
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  5. Badge Machines
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Print & Cut Machines

Hi All
    Having been a serial lurker, happy to read all posts on DSF, I could now do with a bit of advice.

We've happily been working with a Summa D60, a Silhouette Cameo and a PressMech heat press. (All cracking machines)

It's now reached the point where we need to really look at options with regards to a print & cut machine.
    j
    I'm considering one of the larger Versacamm machines. I did consider the SP540i but these are no longer available, having now been replaced by other models.

Any suggestions as to which models to look at and a supplier with good after-sales support would be much appreciated.

regards

Pete Mc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go along to P and P show next month and strike a show deal, grafityp will be there with plenty but really if there's someone local to you I'd pick them as on doorstep to sort any issues out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Roland machines, have VSi 540 and a couple of RF 640's. I found that the VSi was a little too slow for the volumes which we produce, but was our first machine. We went onto a different production workflow and now primarily use the RF's and a couple of Summa R140's to cut soft vinyl.

I think that if you go down the wide format route then you need some versatility as to what you are able to produce, if you are sticking to garment transfer for example then a VSi 540 is too much. But if you decided to produce other products then it might be the right machine for you.

Whatever you choose, the machines need to work, do your own costings rather than a rep telling you it only needs to work for 20 minutes a month and its paid for in 3 months.....nonsense... print rates have dropped dramatically in the last few years.

As for suppliers, brand new Roland machines are covered by Roland for 12 months, their service has been good. On used machines then choose supplier based on service and technical ability rather than price, having your machine down for 2 weeks will cost you much more than the £1000 you saved when you bought it. I would choose a supplier who is an authorised distributor for Roland rather than a general dealer who has picked up a Roland in a swap.

If you can, go for print and separate cut workflow, if you are going to produce laminated work then the print and cut machine is fairly obsolete anyway(but not totally)