Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Free sub software for beginner
    By Subliny in forum Software
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-10-2016, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. Just a few (more) questions from a beginner!
    By SciArtImages in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-08-2011, 01:08 PM
  4. Absolute beginner - lots of questions!
    By MugMonster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 28-04-2010, 11:04 PM
  5. Absolute beginner - lots of questions!
    By MugMonster in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the info GoonerGary i think it is as everybody has said already, more of a Newbe issue rather than equipment will need to do more practice and take more notice of what people are telling me Thank you anyway

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE][Those mugs are very high quality therefore it may be the case you are using a cheap mug press as those mugs can certainly be printed top to bottom. The suggestion of pre-heating the base would be your best bet or using a more quality press (adkins studio press)./QUOTE]

The OP said the press came from BMS not the mugs and the reason for the wrinkled paper is with a taper at the bottom of the mug the paper remains loose and the press wrinkles it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reg For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Reg - perhaps you missed the sentence "the mugs i am using are the European style mugs from BMS".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get in touch with BMS. Don't use that brand of mugs myself but there is definitely a barreling effect at the bottom. It is not a newbie issue as such as most would struggle to print those to the bottom. Even in an oven the paper would crease and leave marks although the colour would be regular all way down.

From what I have read on hear BMS mugs are supposed to be very good and that is certainly not a good mug. They should be able to help and clarify if it just the batch it came from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get in touch with BMS. Don't use that brand of mugs myself but there is definitely a barreling effect at the bottom. It is not a newbie issue as such as most would struggle to print those to the bottom. Even in an oven the paper would crease and leave marks although the colour would be regular all way down.

From what I have read on hear BMS mugs are supposed to be very good and that is certainly not a good mug. They should be able to help and clarify if it just the batch it came from.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Reg - perhaps you missed the sentence "the mugs i am using are the European style mugs from BMS"
    I didn't miss it because it's not there.

The Original post doesn't mention BMS mugs only the press.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Reg For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually obscenely wicked barreling at the bottom of that mug if you look at the second pic.

I stopped using BMS euro's last year due to shape issues. They went from fantastic to WTF? which is a great shame as the finish on them is awsome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Reg, Check out post #5 as it is where the OP added further information.

Thank you for your help Webtrekker, the mugs i am using are the European style mugs from BMS...

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...l=1#post119936

You are correct that the first post in the thread only mentions that the machine is a BMS DF14 mug press

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian B For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note, the DF14 press is decent enough so I would eliminate that being the issue anyway.
    Certainly a much better blanket than the cheaper mug presses. Still using ours as a second press with results as good as the Adkins, it's just a lot slower heating up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

Bri1 (30-01-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everybody for all your help i have taken on board all of the comments and advice given, to clarify the mugs are from BMS , i have had some success tonight by heating the bottom of the mugs and reducing the size of the wrap as suggested and they are coming out much better, i will keep on trying and i am sure it will come good soon , i have added a couple of more pictures for you to see the latest results Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images