Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 1.5mm heat mat for 38x38 flat press
    By ellacupcake in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 02:40 PM
  2. 38x38 clam press - advice for buying one
    By smes9 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 11:30 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 11:28 AM
  4. Magic Touch / Adkins Swing press A3 press
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 02:12 PM
  5. FOR SALE 38x38 SWING AWAY PRESS
    By mugstar in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signzworld (UKPRESS) 38x38 cm Blue Wave Swing Press HP3805B

Hi,

This is more or less a warning. I purchased this swing press yesterday and it got delivered today. The heat distribution across the plate isn't too bad, but I noticed that the timer only took about 20 seconds to complete when I set it to 30 seconds. This isn't my first press so I instantly noticed there's something not quite right, that it was counting down too fast.

I emailed signzworld and they asked for a video so I sent them one. Two hours later they came back with the reply that they asked their engineer about it and that this is the way the machine was designed and it's not faulty. Their solution to just add some more time to compensate just left me stumped.

It's really shocking they can't even get a simple timer right.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not fit for purpose, contact trading standards - if you paid on credit card on the website, contact your credit card company.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you paid by credit card, it cost over £100, ( but you are not a limited company and didn't pay through a paypal gateway)then the consumer credit act will apply. Your credit card will be jointly liable for the purchase, and you can claim a refund through them.

I think that UK Press say they are a trade only website. If that is the case then unfortunately much of the other consumer legislation will not apply - it only covers business to consumer transactions, not business to business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I ordered it on ebay and paid via Paypal so could open a case there. I'm still deciding what to do.

Their latest reply now was...

"Sorry, the manufacturer use that type of timer for ecnomy brand press bluewave. I do agree the Digial timer accuracy is not as goo as the ones applied in our other brand like Galaxy or Mircotec.

If you want more quality press, we will recommend to upgrade to other model instead."

Definitely the last time I ordered something from signzworld.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If bought on eBay with Paypal payment then this isn't a business transaction and the standard 28 days policy applies as well as Paypal cover. Start an eBay case and copy/paste info from their previous responses. Obviously the timer unit is faulty and you want to return the unit (not fit for purposes). Paypal should refund you at the end of the dispute if UKCutter hold fast in my opinion going on past experiences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fit for purpose.....open a dispute and get it sent back.....naughty naughty sellers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price is irrelevant for a product that is not able to keep reasonably accurate timing. If you buy a £20 watch it should still be able to keep time as well as a watch that costs several thousand pounds. A company must take respondsibility for the products that they sell to meet reasonable buyers expectations - Don't be fobbed off with them acknowleging a fault with 'they are all like this'.

A timing counter should work in seconds as that is the standard time measurement that is used for Sublimation/vinyl and other related pressing materials. If they challenge this then respond with a demand for compensation for wasting your time based on a reasonable hourly rate.
    Signzworld sell on public platforms like eBay and Amazon to anybody without asking for any trade credentials, menbership cards VAT registration numbers. They do not state (that I can see) that they are trade only:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/DIY-Tools...x38/B00ZUCNZ3M

When you do get a refund spend that money with a better supplier that doesn't treat customers as if they have a zip up the back of their neck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian B View Post
    The price is irrelevant for a product that is not able to keep reasonably accurate timing.
    Price is very relevant if you want to make a claim to your credit card company. They are not liable for any single item under £100.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pw66,

I believe that the heatpress in question is in the region of £150. The goods were paid by PayPal as the op has already stated, whether or not PayPal were paid by credit card is down to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypals policy only extends 28 days. Section 75 credit card protection last as long as the supplier has a liability to the customer - typically the entire length of the guarantee.

The card company is 'jointly and severally liable' for the transaction, which means you can make a claim direct to them without any recourse to the supplier.

It is always worth ignoring the paypal button if paying by credit card.